Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eyes - Contact Lens Help

Hi,
    New to the board but really finding it helpful. Been a contact lens wearer for 15 years. In the past couple years became more difficult, tried hard lens, soft perm and finally 2 years ago settled with Accuvue Oasys after Advance didnt agree with my eye. Sometimes at end of day my right eye was just beyond sore AFTER removal of my lens. No real discomfort while lens in. So now have tried Proclear and O2 optix. Neither have fit very well. proclear may be misleading as my eye was so inflamed when I tried that one. But in the past couple months the only time I have been able to wear a lens for a day with no pain was an oasys after had a 2 day plug had been put in. it was great but as i put in another post under plugs tremendous itching especially in my left eye which I obviously would not put a plug in now. But want to know if anyone has any experience with 1 eye having a problem or went from 12 hours wearing to not being able to wear a lens 3-4 hours? Or plug help or any guidance on another lens to try.
    Thanks so much.

Hey Bec.

Just a question. Have you considered an allergy to preservatives present in new packs of lenses/eye drops/cleaning solutions?

Comment

I have a problem left eye which won't tolerate contact lenses anywhere near as well as my right eye. The right eye can tolerate all day wear with any lens with a low water content that fits a 9 base curve (not that many). The problem eye is only Ok with an Acuvue Oasys (8.8 bc). Strangely, although this must be one of the most comfortable lenses on the market, the same Oasys lens feels tight and scratchy on my right eye, purely because it's not available in a 9 curve. The right eye is happiest with an old-fashioned Zero 6 lens!

Comment

Thanks for the quick replys.  I have thought of being allergic to the solution from the lens but my doctor said it is unlikely as I would have that effect in both eyes and it would irritate my eye while the lens is in versus sore after removal which is what i have.  Also, I saline my lenses for quite awhile before putting them directly in even when new because I am so paranoid!on the base curve that is interesting.  I have not followed that closely what it is between different lenses.  How would i further investigate if that is the cause?As an update i tried the daily b&l lenses yesterday in my right eye.  Not as terrible as accuvue daily moist but not good either, eye still sore today. Will rest it for 2 days as my doctor also gave me 5 days worth of proclear dailies which i havent tried yet.  Does anyone know what the difference is in terms of fit and materials compared to daily moist or accuvue oasys?Thanks

Comment

I am always surprised by the limited range of base curves and that 'one measurement fits all' approach of a lot of doctors. They can also alter over time as your eyes get more short-sighted so it's always worth to keep having them remeasured.

Comment

Working...
          X