Tobradex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tobradex?

For my blepheritis that I have been dealing with for 4 months and have been to 4 opthamologists and 2 optomatrists I was wondering about tobradex. I have tried azasite,zylet,zymar,tetrcycline. Some I could not tolerate and others didn't help. I wanted to wait for the tobradex but can't stand my eyes right now so am going to call tomorrow. I know tobradex is a steriod so only for the short run but is it tolerated by most and effective for the short run with little side effects. Also I am very good about the steri lid scrubs and hot compresses.Since this bleph I have had a huge increase of floaters which have been checked by 3 doctors. There are so many though from nothing before. I also feel I notice them extra since in glasses instead of contacts which I used to always wear. Anyhow are the floaters from the bleph and if that settles will the floaters. I fear how many I have and don't want them to increase. I read that rubbing your eyes can increase them which I do somethines cause my eyes itch but will not now since I read that. Thank you
    Last edited by GinaJ; 09-Mar-2008, 15:22.

Tobradex (tobramycin dexamethasone) is a strong steroid/antibiotic and i think shouldn t be used if you don't need an antibiotic! ...so if this is not your case you could go straight to Lotemax that is one of the most safe and used steroid. hope this helps

p.s. steroids are generally for inflammation....blepharitis/MGD are best treated with lid hygiene and warm compresses + massages (we talk everyday about these things here so just search!)

Comment

I am thinking the antibiotic part may be for the sores I have still but could be wrong. I will research that other one. Thank you I appreciate it.

Comment

I would be cautious with any steroid, they can increase intra-ocular pressure over time. The use of any prescription or non-prescription drop should be discussed with your eye doctor. Floaters are not generally caused by blepharatis, to my knowledge. They can be caused by bits of the vitreous that have become detached (shrinkage of the vitreous humour), and less often but more dangerous can be the sign of a retinal tear. If they are new, get to your eye doc ASAP for evaluation.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Thanks. I have been to the eye doc 12 times in 3 months and the floaters have been checked dialated 4 times. I know long term steriod drops are bad but my docs seem cautious. I am super sensitive though.

Comment

Working...
          X