i'm so tired of itchying dry eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm so tired of itchying dry eyes

I'm got to the point where I'm absolutely sick of my itchy eyelids and dry eyes - esp in my right eye. It's constantly sticking to my eyeball. I was told to do warm compresses - I have tried but it doesn't seem to help and was given Restasis, which made the skin around my eyes itchy like crazy.

I've tried everything I can think of to get the itching to stop/ decrease. I'm very careful what I put round my eyes in the way of eye makeup remover, I use only Sodium Laureth/Lauryl free shampoos, facial washes... I've even gone as far as trying Rosacea III discs - thinking the itchy is caused by ocular rosacea - but nothing is working. The Rosacea III customer support says its because I'm not drinking enough water and that my body is too acidic - anyone else heard of this, all I know is my eyelids are extremely itchy in the evenings... could this be demodex mites I've been hearing alot of recently?

Do you have ocular allergies? on treatment for it?

Any temporary relief using cold compresses? Or cold saline rinses (such as Unisol 4)?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

no the opth my md referred me to was pretty useless I felt, I told him my eyes were constantly itchy and he just ignored me as he wrote out the script for Restasis and went on to talk about punctal plugs.
      what could I be allergic to that would cause the evening itchiness? Its not just my eyelids but the skin around my eyes ... in my eyesockets so to speak.
      Its really getting me down.

Comment

Working...
      X