Unblocking sensation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unblocking sensation!

I am continuing my longterm quest to unblock my lovely meibomiam glands.

I "seem" to be having alot more success with the lower lids than the upper ones....as according to my optomerist, virtually all my upper glands remain blocked.

Can I ask those who have succeeded in this quest, do you physically feel and even hear when a gland is unblocked...is there a kind of popping sound? I have often felt and heard this sensation on the lower lids but rarely with the uppers.

Also any advice on getting these upper ones working again?

Thanks

Hello Rory,

It's a difficult question to answer...no, I've never felt a "popping" or anything similar, but after some time of doing the compresses I could definitely feel a difference after doing the lid massage. As if my eyeballs had been lubricated like you would pour oil onto engine parts.

During a recent eye test my optometrist did test the lower ones, and said what was coming out was quite clear and fluid, and at a satisfactory speed. He didn't test the upper ones or make any other comment, and I didn't think to ask.

However, a couple of weeks ago I suddenly started to see a literal "curtain" or milky fluid slowing onto the eyeballs immediately after massaging the upper lids. Mind you, I do it for quite a long time (compresses, I mean) about 10-15 mins twice a day. It's like your glasses have suddenly misted up when you walk into the warm on a cold day. And feels nice as well.

Perhaps you could increase your length of compress time?

Comment

I know the sensation you are talking about.
      I can tell you what works best for me . Just don't sue me if you get hurt.

I take a coffee mug, fill it with water , microwave a couple of minutes, let it cool till tolerable,
      Then use the rim of the mug, or outside curved surface , to do a sort of rolling compress.
      I started one morning by chance while having my coffee, because I was to lazy to get a compress started.
      Sometimes I even lay down on the floor and place bottom of the cup on my eye. This takes a bit of coordination to keep dry.
      I have spilt hot water on my face more than once.
      Something about the weight and heat combination works almost every time .
      The mug hold heat evenly and for a good while.

Comment

I have been successfully unblocking thanks to hot compresses. I also sincerely believe the fish oil is helping.

Comment

I'd really like to know more about this too. Like today, I noticed a glob on the underside of my upper lid, and I have been hot compressing a lot. Not like a hard stye or crust, but more like a gooey glob. I'm hoping that means I've unclogged something! It dissapated after a mid-day compress.

Any thoughts on this occurance?

Comment

Tell me.

Can you over do the hot rice baggys??

I do 2 or 3 times a day but just say you do 5 or 6 does /can it matter??

Rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich S. View Post
              Tell me.

Can you over do the hot rice baggys??

I do 2 or 3 times a day but just say you do 5 or 6 does /can it matter??

Rich.
              opinions vary on this...I asked an eye surgeon if I could overdo it, and he said basically no, as long as the compres is not too hot obviously!

As I said, I do twice a day for 10-15 mins for well over a year now, and I get a lot of benefit.

If you think about it, people stay in saunas and turkish baths for very long periods and it doesn't seem to hurt their eyes....

I believe someone has asked Dr L this question, but don't remember his reply, other than if you have rosacea you may want to follow with a cool compress to reduce any inflammation. But it doesn't sound as if you have that problem.

Hope this week is as good as the last one for you

Comment

Working...
              X