Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dark circles help

Hello All,
    So my doc appt. yesterday was good -- in terms of my lasik issues coming around - my overcorrection has regressed, and things are coming around. Oil is being expressed, just gotta keep working on the glogged ones.

BUT a big concern still is the dark purple/blue and swollen under eye circles. They were never, never this bad pre-lasik, and it's hard to pin-point when they become super super noticable.....but it was probably around the time the dryness really kicked in back in early Jan. I keep my eyes lubricated and sleep in a mask. And I'm getting a ton of sleep.

Some thoughts I have are.

--I am allergic to something I'm putting in my eyes --- maybe the Gen Teal gel at night?
    --I am allergic to something else? I did move into my boyfriend's house shortly after lasik.
    --It's just inflamation tears draining out?

ANY thoughts or advice would be helpful -- I can't keep up the routine of creams, concealor, and cucumbers on top of dealing with the dryness. I look so ugly and sickly.

Thank you!

Might be time to check with a dermatologist. I'm pretty much derma-illiterate but I'm wondering about edema. Had a couple of cases who were getting a lot of facial edema overnight which I think was actually coming from over-soaked tranquileyes pads. Unusual, but happens.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

My eyes look terrible today as a result of Azasite. Not only are my lids pink and the rims red, but I have circles (shadows) under my eyes. If I were to use it for one more day, they would be purple.
      So in my case, yes, it's due to drops I put in my eyes. Perhaps in yours it is, too, but obviously other things might cause that, too.

Comment

Working...
      X