Baltimore eye doc [optometrist] almost on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore eye doc [optometrist] almost on board

In recent weeks, I've been approached in PMs for leads to an eye doctor in the Balto/Washington region who might be compassionate about our struggle, and also skilled and resourceful. . .I've been of no use on this front, until possibly now. I have just secured a good connection with an optometrist in Baltimore city who, years ago, nearly broke his brain trying to help me, and who is now eager to learn about high oncotic pressure drops and other creative solutions. He is already experienced in treating recurrent corneal erosions, and has a keen interest in prosthetics, like bandage lenses and moisture chambers (though I don't think he does any scleral lens work). This optometrist is on high alert about preservatives in eye drops, but he seems open to learning about the differences among preservatives (as expressed so brilliantly by Dr. Holly in his recent post on polixetonium.) Once I meet with this Balto. optometrist next week, and ascertain that he is indeed serious about working on hard cases, I will post his info. with Plug a Doc, here. . .Apologies to friends here whom I could not help previously. . .I'm hopeful this will pan out. . .Then, of course, we Baltimoreans will have to break our own brains over how to get steady insurance coverage for optometry visits and prosthetics. . .But that is nothing new. . .
    <Doggedly Determined>
Working...
X