skin breaking out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skin breaking out

So not only do my eyes look terrible, but now my once nice skin is broken out all over. Does anyone have any ideas for me on which of my drugs/ supplements might be causing it?

Flaxseed Oil - 1 tbsp per day
    Fish Oil - 2 capsules per day
    Mulit-vitamin 1 x per day
    Doxycycline - 100mg per day
    Vitamin C 2,500mg per day

I honestly don't know what's working or not working -- my only diagnosis so far is lasik dryness -- VERY low schirmers -- and "some gland blockage"

I'm also doing warm compress and restasis and a combo of Dr Holly drops and theratears.

Thank you as always,
    Laura

My strong guess is the oils...at least one of them. Although, I would have expected the doxy to be counteracting the acne flare-ups. The action of the doxy is to help keep oil flowing, thus preventing the acne-like buildup of oil that ultimately results in a blemish.

It doesn't to me you are overdoing the oil...maybe just a bit. Consider cutting one of the out to see if things improve. If nothing does, but out the other. Experiment until you figure it out. You may be able to continue with both, but may do better just to decrease them both a bit.

Because you are taking the doxy, I'm still cannot help but consider you may be allergic to one of the oils. I would guess the fish oil to be more allergenic than the flaxseed, but I'm no expert.

I did experience a breakout while I was taking an oil supplement every day. Can't say what kind it was and how much I was taking. My skin was more oily as well.

Experiment for a while and let us know how it turns out.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Actually, fish and flax seed oil are known to be anti-inflammatory and should actually help clear skin. I have always had difficult skin, and the oils seem to help. However, I have been breaking out badly with the onset of this dry eye mess after laser surgery. I reduce it to the major stress that I am experiencing and the gobs of simple carbohydrates (including sugar) that I have been ingesting. Time to get back on an anti-inflammatory diet.

Comment

Perhaps you have ocular rosacea and are now just beginning to experience facial manifestations. Wouldn't hurt to get checked by a derm.

Comment

I got huge (I mean HUGE) cysts on my forehead and chin while taking fish oil ( it was a cheap brand). Carlson's moistur-eyes didn't do that to me - but they are not inexpensive. It may be the fish oil breaking out your skin. I'm trying a flax seed/fish oil combo now - fingers crossed there will be no breakouts.

Comment

Working...
          X