This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White or Red/Bloodshot Eyes

This may already be out there, but I know we have a lot of dry eye diversity. Do the majority of dry eye patients have clear/normal looking eyes of red/bloodshot eyes?
    White/Clear Eyes
    24.24%
    Red/Bloodshot Eyes
    75.76%

I guess so far I am little surprised by these results. I have seen posts where some dry eye patients are in terrible pain but their eyes appear normal, and others, myself included, have horribly red and bloodshot eyes. I honestly feel a little better that most of us have simmilar characteristics with regards to the eyes appearance. I could take my present pain and then some to have normal looking eyes. Take Care, Dnew

Comment

I'd wait awhile on this one, and 'bump' it now and then to get more participants. There's a self-selection bias for one thing. People with bloodshot eyes notice these threads more. Also, although I just now cast my vote as "white" it's not true all the time. Some people are bloodshot part-time only....
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Yes, as Rebecca just said, I was looking for a third choice. Most of the time (not looking closely in the mirror), my eyes look white but when they're bothering me, they get redder (rarely really red, though). So I picked "white" but that's not really completely accurate.

Comment

i think we should simply add:

White/Clear Eyes (or only sometimes red)

Red/Bloodshot Eyes (Chronic redness)

Comment

Mine usually look fine....sometimes that is part of the problem though, everyone thinks I am crazy when I say how much they hurt.

Comment

My eyes appear to be white most of the time, however they do get red and bloodshot atleast a few times per week. So I will cast my vote for eyes appearing to be white, but I definately know the feeling of having red bloodshot eyes. For me the onset of bloodshot eyes usually means I am going to have a rough day. Another thing, sometimes my eyes will be completely white and I will still be in a lot of pain. It is very confusing sometimes.

Comment

I'm not sure this poll is accurate as mine vary by the day. Sometimes red, sometimes not. They burn just the same either way.
                Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I wouldn't know how to vote on this because it depends. I think I probably have more visable red veins on my eyes than most people but one prominent one I can see in some old photos from back when I had no problem with my eyes. I generally think my eyes are not too red, but under certain lights they do look bloodshot... Like I was in a shop yesterday and looked at my eyes in the mirror and thought how veiny they looked, I thought 'Must be the lighting' but when I looked at my friends eyes I couldn't see redness in her eyes. ??

Does anyone else have completely clear white under the eyelid? It seems the exposed part is very slightly pink, but under my eyelids I feel that is how my whole eye should look? Why would this be?

Comment

Mine have always looked normal - white. Only when I have allergies does it get red.

Comment

I think this needs more choices. Not everyone has either perfectly white scleras or really red bloodshot ones. I think it needs at least a couple of in-between choices.

Comment

Working...
                      X