STARTED ldn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STARTED ldn

Went to the alternative medicine MD yesterday and started LDN. Wish me luck! Thanks again painintheeye for turning me onto LDN as a possible tx.
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

kcoffinger-I'll be waiting for your response to this new method of treatment. How did you find an "alternative treatment" doctor? Do they advertise themselves as such? My GP is kind of homeopathic and wonder if he'd be aware of LDN treatment. I'll check next time I see him. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Ldn

I was directed to the yahoo LDN chat room and found a doctor thru their website. It was a surprisingly easy process.

Comment

What is LDN treatment? Can you provide more information about this?

Comment

Ldn

It is low dose naltrexone tx. It is an "experimental" drug being used for pts with autoimmune issues.

Comment

Ldn

Hi,

i am glad to see you've started. what dosage are you on? did you get it compounded or it's a DIY naltrexone liquid mix? i started at the 4.5mg (the max dosage suggested for auto immune diseases) and i wonder what your doctor is advising?

i would also suggest you to keep a journal of your daily symptoms and any supplements you are taking and trace the subtle bodily changes to help you monitor your progress.

i am also just started to take DLPA supplement which is recommended by Dr. Bihari (the founder of LDN therapy) to help your body extend the life of the endorphin in your body. you may want to check into that too.

please keep us all updated on your progress, o.k.?

all the best, Chris

Comment

How can I convience my doctor to prescribe me LDN? I talked with my doctor once and mentioned LDN, he looked up in the German medical dictionary and didnt find Naltrexone so he said I'd better not trying that.
              What should I do? I really want to try it out.

Comment

LDN info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_dose_naltrexone

Comment

Ive been taking LDN for 5 months+ 4.5mg

Unfortunately for me so far it has not helped my eyes or any other symptoms..

My eyes have gone from no plugs when I started LDN to fully plugged and cauterized and yet now they are very dry and painful.

However dont let me stop anyone from trying LDN...

Im still taking it ..probably will for another month or so..in the hope it will turn around the dryness.

My symptoms appear to be Sjogrens so Autoimmune.

Some people have reported amazing results..others have little to show and yet others feel it has failed.

Ive had no side effects...and have not been sick from any infection while taking it...so it might be doing some good.

Caution: No one really understands how it works...

All the best
                  Hoping some other options for better treatment comes thru very soon

Comment

a little more details please!

Hi Why,

How long have you had Sjogren's dry eye symptoms? Do you have other dryness like dry mouth too?

Did you start and stayed at 4.5mg? Is your LDN compounded or DIY liquid? I am fortunate to have improvements on my dry eyes and total symptom reversal for my dry mouth so I am very grateful.

at what time are you taking LDN each day? and are you taking any SS related immunosuppressant simultaneously too?

sorry for all these questions as I just want to compare so we can share some notes for those who wants to try it for themselves.

Thanks, Chris

Comment

LDN work only for those who just got dry eyes?

I've heard that LDN works for dry eyes only when dry eye syptoms appear for short time.That really scares me. I'm only 26 years old and I cant imagine that my life is ruined because the doctor hesitated to give me a complex test for sjogren. (I have dry eyes for 6 years!)

Comment

LDN follow up

I've been one week on lDN and no improvement. That said I am not giving up yet.

Comment

Dont give up!

I think by oral medicine its hard to know how long it might take. As I tried Doxy 6 months ago and I used big dosis for about 2 weeks in the beginning and no result at all. In the third week I took 50mg and thinking it would possibly not help me at all. But suddenly, in the 4th week, I felt some release - less inflammation. And 4 days after the first release, the inflammation was gone. - Doxy is not my cure, because my dryness is getting worse afterwards. But I saw it might take longer to work sometimes, must be patient.
                          Keep positive thinking and fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
                          X