This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no eye boogers

Before lasik I always had eye boogers in the morning in the corners of my eyes (which I now understand could have been an indicator of dry eyes overnight). But now I rarely have any, except maybe after my restasis. What does that mean? Have I stopped producing mucous too?

Just curious........as I continue to think about all things eye-related....

Thanks,
    Laura

I think it is a good sign. Excess mucous happens when your eyes are too dry. If your eyes are not as dry, I don't think that will happen any more. I had the same thing and as I have improved it has gone almost away.

Comment

Hi,

I've never done lasik surgery, but I had an accident with UVC. Next day I woke up with drastic reduction of eye boogers. The first 4 days I did not have any symptoms, beyond the reduction of eye boogers. Gradually were appearing symptoms such as dry eye and photophobia. Currently I almost no produce eye boogers and I've used various eyedrops, but no very effective…I had loss at least of goblet cells (detected by rose bengal - other vivid stainings did not work very well - and impression cytology) and of central retinal function (only detected by the multifocal electroretinogram - mfERG).

SEE THIS:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ght=#post68813

Hugs

Comment

Working...
      X