psst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psst

Don't look now, but... we're on the map.

Eyeworld, April 2008
    Filling the Dry-Eye Gap
    More patients turn to the Web for education
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Way to go Rebecca!
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

That is great Rebecca!!!

I see there was no mention of Lasik and they left it as "other eye problems".

Comment

Happy to see "this" is finally getting the attention it deserves.
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Yea!

Rebecca,

I am so glad to see you get some attention. That is a great piece.

--Liz

Comment

a most excellent overture

Heartiest congratulations, Dear Rebecca, for this accomplishment. . .That the article skirts the bigger controversies should not discourage, because first one must get people's attention and respect. . .

That said, I hope that Dr. Akpek's well-intended, but dismissive, remarks about dry eye being a problem mainly of perception, common mostly among the privileged, will actually awaken doctor-readers who may readily sense that this surprisingly chilly assessment of our affliction is off the mark. The most creative researchers around have been the doctors who themselves suffer terribly from DES, among them Dr. K. Tsubota and one of his proteges Dr. Eiki Goto. These two, and other doctor/patients like them, surely don't see DES as anything but a serious medical condition that causes plenty of suffering.

Enough said. . .We are all propelled lightyears ahead by Rebecca's coup, here! Eternal gratitude!
            <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Fantastic! Well done Rebecca!

Comment

Bravo!!

Congrats Rebecca,
                You deserve the recognition. After all,....you've paid in tears. I hope that many many more will start standing behind all the problems and let it be known to the world. Maybe then someone would take us seriously about eyewear.

Billye

Comment

Working...
                X