Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Alternating Between Dr. Holly Drops and Other Drops a Good Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Alternating Between Dr. Holly Drops and Other Drops a Good Idea?

I've been using Dakrina and NutraTear and am both enjoying and, I feel, benefiting from these. At times, though, when my eyes seem drier than usual and my RGP lenses start to fog over, it seems that neither of these drops will restore "clearness of vision" quickly enough.

At a recent visit, my optometrist asked me to try Soothe XP (the Soothe that contains oil). I've occasionally used it. Here's what I've noticed:
    • When my eyes are extra dry, Soothe XP helps more quickly than either Dakrina or NutraTear.
    • Once the Soothe XP "wears off", my eyes feel drier than if I had gone without it (I think -- not quite sure).

Has anyone else alternated between Dakrina/Dwelle/NutraTear on the one hand and any other drops on the other?

If so, which other drops?

Did it help? Or did it make matters worse?

In general, are the Dr. Holly drops most effective when used exclusively? If the answer to this question is yes, then perhaps I just need to be more patient.

Thanks.

Randal

I tried mixing other drops very briefly (over the course of two days) with Dwelle and Dakrina. I foolishly thought I would try to use up some of the rather large supply I have remaining of PF vials.

I have had great results with Doc Holly's drops, but when I added in drugstore drops, I began sliding backward, needing more and more drops. I quickly decided it wasn't worth it. Since then, I've only used Doc Holly's drops, and life is good!

Comment

Working...
    X