Question about corneal erosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about corneal erosion

this may sound like a silly question..but would one's eyeball sticking to the eyelid and not opening for a couple of seconds indicate a corneal erosion? When I look at my eyes in a mirror I can sort of see a transparant ring round my iris and pupil - I never used to have that? Does that mean anything?

Hi, yoganut.

When my eye sticks to the lid, I know that I am in danger of a corneal erosion. If I am not careful and open my eye forcibly, the result is pain, tearing, redness, and blurry vision. The blurry vision part of it lasts for at least three days for me. Later in the day after an erosion, I have a foreign-object feeling in my eye when it begins to heal. It's like there is a scab there. With my erosions, I cannot see any sign, except tears streaming down my cheek. My eye "looks" normal.

I cannot answer your question about the visible rings.

--Liz

Comment

The ring could be a sign og high cholestrol. If you have had your cholestrol checked and it is normal, there are also reports of genetic history.

Comment

thanks for your replies. My eye doc doesn't go into great detail about anything. I don't have high cholesterol in fact the opposite.

Comment

Working...
        X