Weather and Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather and Eyes

Ok when I moved to Ca from Mi I developed a few months later blepheritis and then dry eye. In addition my skin became very dry and splotchy. After many opthamologists 5 and 15 apts in 5 months and treatments like steriod drops etc I chose to move to Fl. My doc thought maybe my issue was because of the weather change. Before this I have had no eye issues or skin. I also didn't have lasik.I wear glasses now too.I have other health issues though and Fl increase my nerve pain because of the humidity so may move back. I have not seen a change in my eyes in Fl but it has only been a few weeks.I know eyes are slow to heal I think. I do see a change in my skin happening though. Has anyone thought or experienced that weather had an impact on your eyes? Thanks
    Last edited by GinaJ; 25-Apr-2008, 10:17.

I think that weather can have a huge effect of eye comfort for some people. Relative humidity is a big factor as well as temperature ( ultimately effects how much moisture can be in the air). Also consider environmental allergens-some states or certain areas of states can have much higher pollen counts than others-that can be an issue too. Weather aside, think of other allergens-man made-that could possibly bother you. Is your new apartment adjacent to a body shop that sprays lots of car paint? What about local factories giving off unusual vapors? New paint and/or floor stain in your apartment might be a problem too, as could new carpets or a new mattress-especially one with the foam top, as some people can be allergic to them. Florida can be a mixed bag for some folks with DES-nice and humid outside, but everything is super air-conditioned which removes all of that nice moisture. Also, certain areas have lots of pollen in the spring. Finally, I would make sure that you don't have some systemic illness that is causing the skin/eye problems (lupus, etc...) As you know dry eye can be a symptom of something else. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks. I have a lot of health issue so I have had extensive work up on my body with no cause for the dry eye and bleph. Maybe it was a fluke when I moved to Ca that this had happened. I will never know. In Ca I didn't live near anything that I can think of. I had gotten a humidifier but it is near impossible to get it to right level and constant. I have been in Fl for a few weeks but not a change so I may go back cause like I said it is causing me worse nerve pain. I am wondering if it takes longer though cause I do see a difference in my skin though still itchy.Thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
      X