Don't forget the search button.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't forget the search button.

Every once in awhile when I see a lot of posts like "Has anyone tried XXX product?". In a forum this large and more than 3 years old, if it's for dry eye, the are probably a LOT of people who have tried it and posted about it. So it's well worth searching existing posts, not just asking questions, or you may miss out on a lot of valuable information.

I'm not saying this to discourage people from asking without looking first. It's definitely useful to sound out people anew now and then and it may bring users out of the woodwork that have not yet posted on the product in question. And of course we all have enough eye problems without spending hours scouring archives.

However, if you want to get a lot of information quickly, ESPECIALLY if it's on something relatively uncommon, you are much better off looking through what's already here and I try hard to make it easy to do so efficiently.

Here's the top 2 ways to get info:

1. Go to the topical forum in question (e.g. Goop, Nutritional supplements, etc) and scan the subject lines of the threads for the product. There are probably several pages of lists of threads and scanning them is quick.

2. Perform an advanced search (use the Search link in the blue bar at the top of this screen) typing in the product name and limiting your search to the topical forum for what you're looking for.

If anyone needs help with effective ways to search don't hesitate to ask.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

search button

I'll try the tips you mentioned.
    I have had a lot of trouble getting the search button to find what I'm looking for, even when I am fairly certain there should be many threads on a topic.
    Thanks
    Walkin' by faith, not by sight

Comment

right...it seems that is not working good like a month ago..if i typed for example "lotemax" i had several pages of posts...now only half page

Comment

Originally posted by Francesco View Post
        i had several pages of posts...now only half page
        Bingo. Thank you. Must have something to do with our upgrade, sounds like something to do with databaes re-indexing... I will poke around. Thanks for letting me know guys. I hardly ever use the search myself
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
          Bingo. Thank you. Must have something to do with our upgrade, sounds like something to do with databaes re-indexing... I will poke around. Thanks for letting me know guys. I hardly ever use the search myself

thank you...oh i meant threads not posts (anyway almost the same cause i had lots of pages of both!)

p.s. Rebecca your rice baggy is amazing!
          Last edited by Francesco; 06-May-2008, 13:11.

Comment

Working...
          X