Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any hope for this madness

Here is my question:

1. When I was in High School - my eyes started really paining me and my eyes would become very red all day - I am convinced it was flouresecent lights. - I suffered until I graduated
    2. When I started working I kept using Clear eyes everyday because my eyes were always red
    3. Last year I finally went to doctor and they said I have dry eyes - ok so now 11 months later I have tried every therapy known and my eyes still bother me

a. Stopped cold turkey
    b. Tried rhestasis
    c. Use theratears
    d. Had plugs - eyes teared too much

So my question is - will my eyes ever get better - it has been almost a year without the Clear eyes

"will my eyes ever get better - it has been almost a year without the Clear eyes"

Thanks for reposting here...this is a very common question. The answer is hopefully. I am concerned the real reason for the initial redness was never uncovered, and it may still be part of the issue. There are just so many variables and factors to consider. A great dry eye evaluation, including a detailed questionnaire, would be the best place to start. You may find that it may take more than the therapies you have tried. There is always something more that can be done, and I can assure you it will just take the right partnership with a great doctor to achieve better success. Do Not think that nothing more can be done!

Also, although the probability is small, we can not ignore the fact that there is also the possibility that the blood vessels were permanently damaged and will remain larger than they were prior to (ab)using the clear eyes. If this is the case, it is most important to maintain optimal conditions for those blood vessels to remain as close to normal as possible. Ie, minimize vasodilating factors and events such as sun and allergen exposure.

Congrats on quiting cold turkey. It's a hard habit to break and I am please to hear you have eliminated this damaging addiction.

Lastly I have a few questions about the treatments you mentioned. But, your eye doc should have a lot more for you! I'm just scratching the surface to open up some dialogue....

What did your doctor determine as the cause(s) of your dry eyes?

How many plugs were inserted? Tearing aside, how much did it help with the redness?

How long was the Restasis therapy, and why did your eye doc discontinue it?

What have you been doing to optimize your environment and lifestyle? Many of the things you will read on this forum are great to habitual practice and are beneficial in situations such as yours. For Ex, Sunglasses and proper hydration.

Comment

The funny thing is when I work at home - my eyes are pretty good - some days I may use blink tears 2-3 times and I am fine -

I traveled yesterday to a customer site and today my eyes were so gritty I could not stand it - I put tears in several times and it helped for a little while - I live in North Andover, ma - go to tallman eye associates - but have not come across a truly great dry eye doc - if anyone knows one in the boston area and has a number - I will call asap....

As for veins - I don't have large veins - just smaller ones that appear when my eyes are in pain - which is most of the day on the road

Comment

Dr. Korb. http://korbassociates.com/hours.html
        Last edited by Justin; 19-Jun-2008, 05:27.

Comment

Appointment friday

Ok - made an appointment to see Dr finnemore on friday - will let you know what he says - thanks for the referral

Comment

Working...
          X