Other symptoms, apart from Dry eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other symptoms, apart from Dry eyes

hello, I was just wondering, what other symptoms do you all experience/suffer apart from Dry irritated eyes? also if you could please state the condition that you are diagnosed to have... I want to see if we have similar symptoms.

I am 20 years old male, diagnosed to have MGD with posterior and anterior Blepharitis.
    I also have these symptoms quite frequently: sore around eyes, pressure/headaches, tired eyes/twitching eyelids, fatigue, muscle/joint aches in my arms/wrists, low energy.

rhad

you should get a thyroid test....many of those are symptoms of a thyroid disorder

Comment

that's what I thought too, but I went and got all my hormones tested, including thyroid, and they were supposedly all normal.

Comment

yeah, I am in the same boat....have several thyroid related symptoms but my tests were within the ranges. I am going to see and endocrinologist just to make sure they dont have a different intrepretation (relative to a GP).

Comment

I used the basal method of testing for thyroid issues. I did it a long time ago, and my thyroid was sluggish. The doc I saw was not a conventional doctor and treated me for a while with a natural thyroid. He argued that blood testing is not always accurate.

Here's a link that discusses throid in depth and offers info on basal temp reading to determine thyroid issues. You may need to invest in a basal thermometer...something you can get at a pharmacy.

I'll be interested to hear if you proceed with this...

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/testsfor...ourthyroid.htm

Diana
          Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, another thought that came to mind, something I read about the liver, TSH(Thyroid stimulating hormone) stimulates the thyroid to make its hormones, which then travel to the liver, where the liver actually converts the thyroid's hormones into other forms to be used for other organs in the body. I thought that was interesting, so even if you have the right amount of the thyroid hormones in your blood, the liver could be sluggish or not functioning correctly which then can't convert it or has trouble...interesting.

rhad

Comment

Working...
            X