Itchy Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itchy Eyes

I am having a terrible time with severe itching in my eyes ,especially my left eye which is my problem eye. I need some suggestions??? I hate medications because of side effects but I am pretty desperate...I have currently tried Benadryl which works for awhile and Claritin which definitely effected my eyes too much.(I also have the sneezing and drippy nose ,allergies but never had problems with my eyes like this). Any help would kindly be appreciated. Peggy

Some people will say do lots of saline rinses with Unisol. Personally, I would go mad if it were not for the Patanol. My eye allergies have gotten horrible since the DES and plugs. No way for the irritants to be flushed away I suspect. I find that Zyrtec or the generic version of it helps my other allergy symptoms without drying out my eyes.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

If I had bad allergies I'm sure I'd be reaching for allergy drops too. There's Patanol, there's others. I used to use Acular (an NSAID) occasionally.

Cold compresses can also be helpful.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X