Eye drops billboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye drops billboard

I meant to mention this, a few weekends ago I was driving on the freeway between Salem and Portland on I-5 and there was a Refresh LiquidGel billboard!

It said something like -- it won't make the price of gas any cheaper, but it will make your eyes feel better.

Hey.....dry eyes are going big time eh?

Refresh ad pop-up on my Yahoo mail

Funny coincidence! All week, I'm getting Refresh ads as a Yahoo mail pop-up. . .I don't have as good a sense of humor about this as I should, perhaps, as Refresh (all types) never made me feel better. . .Like that billboard, my pop-up brags that Refresh will make me feel better even if today's news is not good (or something along those lines. . .)

I have yet to see any science that supports the use of carboxymethylcellulose as an agent that may in any way improve tear film for more than a few seconds. . .And yet Refresh continues to dominate not only the airways and highways, but also the store shelves. . .

Good news for me, as many know, is that the Dr. Holly drops have put me in a serious and lasting remission from most symptoms, after a 10-year struggle. . .If all goes well, I shall never have to shop from a store shelf again, unless Dwelle, Dakrina, and NutraTears go widely commercial (:^))
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Allergan aren't content with a mere ~95% of the dry eye market.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I must put in here that Refresh Plus are so helpful to me. I carry them in my pocket at all times. I have tried lots of things, but for my work day these are the ones that do the best for me. Some of the others go away in seconds. Refresh Plus will last me up to half hour or more at times. I have also learned to hydrate by putting them in every 5 minutes several times a in a row for longer lasting relief.

Comment

Hi, there is a Refresh drop with the same ingrients as Dwelle but in a different as concentration. Are these High Oncotic drops also?

Comment

I don't know. I use Refresh (plain) instead of contact solution with my RGP contacts in order to avoid preservatives. I use Refresh Plus for daily use for my dry eye. Refresh Endura, according to my doctor shows the same results over time as Restasis and he highly recommends it. I found it irritating but only tried using it when my eyes were highly inflammed. He told me to save it and try it on the evening of a good day and I have not done that yet. He said that may work as well as Restasis for me as it has for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
              Hi, there is a Refresh drop with the same ingrients as Dwelle but in a different as concentration. Are these High Oncotic drops also?
              No. They're not actually the same ingredients... they only look like it because of the way they're labelled. Dwelle, Dakrina and NutraTear have a blend of 87% hydrolyzed and 99% hydrolyzed PVA. All other PVA drops use lower hydrolyzed PVA to the best of my knowledge. To a certainty no other drops have high oncotic pressure.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

What is high oncotic pressure and why is it desirable?

Comment

Working...
                X