Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone experince sever dryness AFTER eye exam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone experince sever dryness AFTER eye exam?

My husband had lasik done about a year ago. His dryness has gotten much much worse since his 1 year check-up 2 weeks ago. We're thinking the timing cannot be a coincidence - has anyone else experienced this? We're trying to see if there was something about the exam that triggered this extreme dryness.

Originally posted by amo124 View Post
    My husband had lasik done about a year ago. His dryness has gotten much much worse since his 1 year check-up 2 weeks ago. We're thinking the timing cannot be a coincidence - has anyone else experienced this? We're trying to see if there was something about the exam that triggered this extreme dryness.
    I had a dryness attack after the anesthetic for the glaucoma test and then again after I had the same anesthetic when I had plugs in my lowers.
    Certainly they can irritate the eyes.

Cabut
    Cabut
    65yr.old male, Arizona resident.

Comment

The yellow dye they add to see your cornea better is extremely irritating. My doctor does it, examines quickly, and immediately flushes it from my eye. If he did not, I would have problems for a week after. Did your husband have anything at all put in his eyes?

Always ask them to flush. Those chemicals are toxic to the healthy eye and really horrible for our unhealthy eyes.

Comment

He had the yellow dye put in (flurorscein?) at both his appointment 2 weeks ago and then yesterday. They did not rinse it out. I really feel like something that occurred at that appointment 2 weeks ago triggered this bad phase. My husband's concern is why the dye would bother him for so long. It also seemed to gradually get worse after his appointment.

Comment

I just had the numbing drops and the dye last Thursday. The doctor put in dissolvable upper plugs to see if I'd like them. But my eyes reacted so badly to all the drops that even today, almost a week later, they're still irritated. I even took my own saline and washed everything out right away, but it didn't help much.

My right eye especially, went bone dry for 3 days. So how am I supposed to have an opinion about the plugs? All my eyes were doing was reacting to the drops and trauma.

C

Comment

My doctor says the plugs are easily done without numbing, so you might want to consider that next time. He also said it takes a minimum of 30 days to know if the plugs are right for you or not.

Back to the yellow dye, my doctor said it is really hard on dry eye so he rinses immediately with some special stuff.

Comment

I told him to tell them he was concerned about a sensitivity to the yellow dye when he got the plugs in this morning and they used something else instead. His eyes were slightly better today than they were yesterday. For those with sensitivity to the dye, any idea how long it can take for the irritation to go away?

Comment

Even with the rinse I have a couple rough days. Without the rinse I am looking at 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                X