Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what makes proclear better than other hydrogels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what makes proclear better than other hydrogels?

DrG
    I have been struggling for a few years now with completely uncomfortable contact lenses. The optometrists that I have been to have always put me in various brands of silicone hydrogels. I get the classic symptoms of the lens being comfortable for about an hour before I get scratchy, foreign body sensation, lens shifting in the eye, etc.

I have found another optometrist who at least doesn't have a problem with my research into my discomfort, and who seems to be willing to take my suggestions and thoughts into consideration in trying to find a comfortable lens.

My specific question is that you seem to be a big believer in the biomimetic hydrogel, omafilcon A, found in the Proclear and Biomedics XC lenses. Is there a reason that you think this hydrogel is a better bet than other polymers for someone who has problems with silicone hydrogel lenses? I guess I am asking why is omafilcon A better than other hydrogel polymer lenses like the Biomedics 38.

Thanks for your input.
    -J

Welcome "J"

DrG has not been active in this forum for a long time. I've moved your post to the open forum where a couple of other optometrists may see it and comment.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Proclear is a biocompatible material that for many stays wetter and cleaner longer. It is a unique material that resists deposits and maintains hydration. Many people find better success in this material and it is worth trying. For more info, check out the infomercial (top right side of the page where it reads launch flash) http://www.coopervision.com/us/patie...ycat.asp?id=8# .

Please ask your doctor if you are a candidate for a Proclear 1 day. A fresh clean lens in a great material is a good place to start for a contact lens fitting and evaluation. When I wear contacts, this is the contact that I wear.

Another great lens that you may ask about is the Moist 1 day. Between those two contacts, you have a great chance in improving your situation.

Comment

Working...
      X