Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about arid environments

hi all:

Wanted to ask if anybody with dry eye ever been to Las Vegas. I want to plan a trip there but am worried about the low humidity level. My eyes are fine outdoors in New York where the humidity is much higher. Want to know if traveling to NV is possible at all and how to manage it.

Thanks
    Kim
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

This is one for Lucy...
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Wanted to ask if anybody with dry eye ever been to Las Vegas. I want to plan a trip there but am worried about the low humidity level. My eyes are fine outdoors in New York where the humidity is much higher. Want to know if traveling to NV is possible at all and how to manage it.
      Yes, yes and yes.

I went to Vegas 6 weeks after my lasik 8+ years ago and did not realize yet what a mess I had. I had to instill drops evey 15-20 minutes and it was hard. I must say that I didn't know a whole lot about dry eyes then, as there was no Dry Eye Zone!

I've been there several times since with more control over the problem, plus years of "healing." I went to Vegas last November and I had to say it was the best "dry eye vacation" I've had since lasik. You just have to make sure you tote all your favorite drops, etc. Do hot packs if you normally do. I had a frig in my hotel room so I could keep my cold packs frozen. I left my best ice pack there.

I'd have whatever glasses or goggles with you (if you wear them.) I think you'll have a wonderful time and will not spend much time thinking about your eyes. I must say that I made sure I got plenty of sleep (yes), did not drink alcohol and lots of water. Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Lucy, I think I will make the plunge sometime in the fall. Thanks again!

Comment

Las Vegas

I just read that airplanes have relative humidity basically equal to Vegas humidity. I was fine on a recent airplane so I should be fine in Vegas. Very excited!

Comment

Working...
          X