Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocked meibomian gland

Hello,
    I've found single blocked meibomian gland in lower left eye lid. I've not noticed any before but was looking in wrong place so maybe had blockages for a while.

I thought these yellow/white bumps would be soft and pasty and easy to remove but it seems they are quite tough and resilient. How do you go about clearing it in a safe way?

Are these blockages small plugs or is the stuff going down inside the gland? (i.e. do we just see the tip of the blockage?)

Thanks,
    Bruce

-- actually ive found a thread for this http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2443 but it doesn't say anything about how much pressure is applied - any ideas?
    Last edited by brd888; 22-May-2008, 06:32.
    Occupation - Optimistologist

Try my method - After washing your finger tips well and making sure your finger nails are short - do your usual method of heating the lids, then with your first finger and thumb , pull your top lid away from the eyeball and start squeezing the lid on both sides - the ball of your thumb goes on to the inside of your lid, - squeeze gently but firmly all along the lid .Do the same for the bottom lid(that is harder to do) and the ball of your index finger goes on the inside of your lid in this case ,then do the other eye That way you are pressing both sides of each eye lid instead of pressing only the outside against the eyeball You need to have your eyes /and fingers wet to do this
    I think it is more effective for unblocking the glands
    I do it after steaming,and my eyes are very wet , and i steam afterwards to counteract any damage to the mucous membranes inside the lids so you may find it easier to have your finger and thumb wet for doing this

Comment

Working...
    X