Trying Something Different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Something Different

I'm going to post about some new meds my Rheumatologist has me trying for the dry eye/trigeminal neuralgia pain. I have to say I have bad lasik eyes, Sjogrens and other serious stuff I'm on lots of meds for. I'm only putting this in here so you may ask your doctor(s) about this to try. I've just started and can't give any info, plus I'm starting this and will be trying to wean off prednisone which I've been on for two years. I don't know if there is scientific research behind this idea or not.

My rheumatologist has started me on Lyrica. (look it up.) Also told me to take Mucinex twice a day when taking this med. She explained the Mucinex, but I forget. Mucinex is available over the counter. I told her I already had Mucinex at the house. My rheumy is a good doc and she has Sjogrens herself, and also had a bad case of RK "back in the days."

If you think this is worth the effort, please talk to your doctor about it. Not sure if an ophthalmologist would be open/knowledgable about this. It would help if you did lots of research to see what you can find before you go in to the dr.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Hi. I was on Lyrica for my neuropathy not the dry eye. I had a hard time with side effects but I do know people who have found great relief. I am not sure for the eye issue. A drug like that is neurontin too. I was wondering since I know many migrane suffers use topomax if that would be a possible relief drug?Good luck

Comment

I've tried Neurontin and it was too drying. I believe this is more of a nerve pain/trigeminal neuralgia and the dry eye exacerbates it. Oh, just one big mix of ouch. I have a couple of things in the works now. Thanks.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
      X