Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
    I just read the presentation on this site "Ophthalmic Lubricants". From this presentation it appears that I am doing alot wrong. Here is what I got from the artricle.
    1. I should not use oil based night eye lubs.
    2. I should not use re-wetting drops more than 10-15 times per day (I now use them about 160 times per day)
    3. I should not use castor oil based drops........but restasis is based in castor oil, and I use restasis twice per day every day.
    4. I should not flood my eyes with re-wetting drops (I flood twice per day as part of my dry eye routine).
    5. I should not do eye lid scrub (I do this twice per day as well).
    So, basically everything that I have been doing is wrong. So, what do I do now???????????
    Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cal

Hi, Calvous.

Rather than overhaul your entire regimen, might I suggest reducing the list by one item at a time, based on your plan with your doctor? That is to say that you, for instance, may want to try to stop flooding your eyes first but keep Restasis. Then, see if things improve or not, bit by bit.

Are you using any of Dr. Holly's drops? I ask, because his list of things not to do are indication of other things that his drops correct. So, you may want to swap out some things rather than just remove some and see if conditions improve for you.

--Liz

Comment

I hate to sound legalistic but I also want to put in a reminder here that nothing on this site should be taken as medical advice. It's better used as information to throw into the hopper and discuss with your doctor. I also completely agree with Liz about making any changes cautiously, methodically, and with a plan in mind about what (if anything) is taking the place of something previously used.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Why not the eyelid scrub? Everything I have seen on this site advises it. I have been doing it and it is helping and my doctor encourages it.

Also, my doctor told me as long as my drops are preservative free I can use them as often as I want. There are sometimes where I probably use them every 5-10 minutes for hours on a bad day. Is this a problem?

The more I read the more confused I am becoming. I read the entire "The Dry Eye Remedy" twice and that helped, but I feel a bit overwhelmed lately.

Comment

For me the thera tears scrub is the only thing that has helped keep my lashes clean. If I didn't use it I would have so many flakes with just water. The docs I saw said the drops with preservatives which I don't use should only be used up to times but the preservative free are safe. I am not sure if that is true. I do know for awhile I was like addicted to the drops and I still use them very often but what I noticed is using less really has made no difference. I basically just get relief for a few minutes after the drops. 160 drops daily if preservative free would cost an insane amount daily.

Comment

Working...
          X