normal but painful looking eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• normal but painful looking eyes

For 6 months now I have had a lot of eye irritation. It was diagnosed as blepharitis, but the doctor says now its so under control it shouldnt be causing any problems. However, my eyes still feel very irritated and I feel pain or alot of scarchyness when I look up or around. He said my oil glands were fine, so now Im really confused on what it could be. He said my eyes were not really dry. He said his best bet would be allergies. However, I was tested and it came back negative. I did notice that when he stained my eyes today for bacteria, the inside of my nose also stained. does that mean anything? maybe i need to get tested for food or contact allergies? He said if i went in any didnt say anthying, he would think it was allergies. However, I have zero itching. Idk what to do!

I have no idea about the staining inside your nose. But I have your problem in that my eyes look pretty ok, and they feel almost unbearable. And the half a million doctors that checked my eyes told me that there is nothing wrong with me. I pretty much designed my own treatment. That is, until I went to see Dr. Latkany who told me that nothing comes out of most of my meibomian glands, instead of the usual thick toothpaste that most doctors look for. Since most doctors didn't see a thick toothpaste, they assumed my meibomian glands were fine. I wonder if you can ask your doctor to take a closer look at your meibomian glands. Or shop around for a doc that is meibomian gland savvy.

I also have no itching, but Dr. L requested I do allergy testing anyway, including testing for all products that you put on your face. You will need to see a dermatologist for that, it's called patch testing. As for me, my derm's schedule is packed so my testing will not happen until August. i think you should look into that, it can't hurt.

Are u doing warm compresses?

Comment

yes, i do warm compress and afterwards my eyes feel better for about 20-30 minutes then go back to their terrible feeling. i do this 4 times a day. can you explain your discomfort? basically, my eyes feel extremely scartchy or even painful when i look up or around. anymovement of my eyes is very painful. I also seem to have a lot of eyelid twitching. Also, did this start randomly for you?

Comment

Drops go down your tear ducts and out your nose so that does not surprise me at all.

Comment

My symptoms are not like yours, I do not feel pain by moving them. I have this windy menthol sensation in my eyes, as if cold wind is always blowing in my eyes. So I cannot stand any air movement or AC/heat. I also have tiredness, soreness, irritation, and eyelid pain. The insides of my eyes also feel scratchy.

At first, I thought this started all of a sudden, but now the I think about it, I always had minor irritation w/ my contacts on, but it wasn't enough to affect my life. However, it did get worse really quickly, within one week I went from minor irritation w/ contacts to extreme discomfort w/o contacts.

Futbolplayer, Dr. Latkany in NY is a great doctor and if you can, it would be worth a trip over there, esp if you've seen a fair share of doctors in your area. Good luck!

Comment

My dry eye started with bleph and no dry eye. I did have horrible looking eyes with sores and blocked glands. Then that got better but it left me with dry eye and the pain is way worse then with the bleph. Did he test you for dry eye? Have you tried anything like plugs or restasis? Maybe you need to go to another doctor. I have seen well it will be 6 with the next in 7 months. This is a very frustrating issue.

Comment

I would consider contact allergies, it would not hurt to rule them out.

If you Google True Test , you will come up with a list of Dr's in your area that will do a patch test. ( True test is the one recommended)
              I had one done today. You wear it for two days then go back for a reading.
              I am really curious about what it will say. I have many of the same symptoms.

I suspect shampoo may be one issue. I did not wash my hair today, and my eyes have been perfectly lovely all day.
              The Doc also gave me samples of shampoo , conditioner and soaps all with out fragrances of any type.
              Using less chemicals can't hurt anyway.

Comment

this sounds like a great idea but 399 dollars!

Comment

Working...
                X