Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accupunture trial participants.

Hi all,
    I found this trial that is looking for participants for people with dry eye to be treated with accupuncture:
    http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00554879

I dont know anything about how safe etc this is...

Suneet.

I just went to an acupuncturist yesterday she said I was allergic to sugar(all forms), we'll see if my eyes improve. I'll let you know if i see any improvement.

rhad

Comment

Hi, did your diet consist of eating a lot of sugar/sweets etc. Thanks

Comment

no, I didn't eat too many sweets. but if you are allergic or have an intolerance, if you ingest a small or large amount of it, it is going to affect your body.

Comment

How did they come to determine that you are allergic to sugar?

Comment

It would be very unlikely that you're allergic to ALL forms of sugar. Your body runs on carbs, without it, you'd probably be dead. Is your acupuncturist saying you can't eat fruits, veggies, and whole grains? That stuff is sugar right there, just the good kind. Or is it just simple carbs that you can't eat, like white rice, candy, juices, baked goods, etc, basically stuff we shouldn't be eating anyway?

Comment

well, these are the sugars that she said not to consume for 25hours after the acupuncture treatment:

May not eat:
              (Cane sugar, beet sugar, brown sugar, corn sugar, rice sugar, maple sugar, Molasses, Honey, Fruit Sugar, Sucrose, Glucose, Dextrose, Maltose, Lactose, Date Sugar, Grape Sugar).

You May eat:
              (White rice, pasta, vegetable, vegetable oils, meats, eggs, chicken, water, coffee, tea without milk.)

it's an acupuncturist that specifies in allergies, they believe that allergies must be cured in order for your organs to function correctly.

rhad

Comment

All carbs are converted into glucose, and your body uses that for energy. The rate of which the conversion occurs is what matters in terms of inflammation (according to some docs and scientists), diabetes, and general health. So even if white rice or pasta doesn't have glucose, your body will convert into glucose anyways, and very quickly at that. So I would be wary of an acupuncturist who says people can be allergic to all forms of sugar, and to stay away from glucose. I don't know, i just think its strange, it just doesn't make sense to me??

Comment

I am being treated for dry eye this way after getting little help from my surgeon post Lasik.

She said my body is full of inflammation and is treating me acccrodingly.

Here is a link I found when doing research..note the "night shade vegetables"

http://nutrition.about.com/od/dietsf...inflamfood.htm

I have been incontrol of my pain for two weeks now, but binged on candy yesterday and a late night, and am suffering for it today.

A healthy diet...nothing to lose if you ask me

Comment

Working...
                  X