Contact lenses went opaque!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact lenses went opaque!!

I had my bandage contact lenses changed over yesterday, went to bed with a drop of 0.5 Celluvisc in each eye last night - then woke up this morning wondering what the hell was going on, the contacts were milky and opaque and everything looked white! It was crazy. I went to the mirror and (sorry this is gross) there was a bit of yellow crustiness, not too much of the usual chunks of goo though. I rinsed out my eyes with lots more Celluvisc and eventually it went clear, still not pin-sharp though.

That has never happened before.

My eyes feel fine, in fact better than ever with no itchy, gritty feeling or foreign-body sensation. I'm assuming this is normal and nothing to worry about. I told the doctor I was getting a lot of mucus in the mornings and she didn't have any comment to make about it.

It truly is gross though! And not a great sensation to wake up and not be able to see.

Is this normal? They are CooperVision 'Proclear.'

This happened to me frequently last year when my eyes were dry and making lots of mucous and gunk. It collects on the inside of the lens- too much debris and not enough tears.

It's understandable that your bandage contacts got loaded up and went opaque overnight. I don't think it's anything to worry about--but it's an indication of what happens during the night---all the tears production and movement slows way down. For now the lens is protecting your cornea, and preventing erosions, but you should probably tell your doctor what's happening.

I'm thinking that if the bandage lens is too dry or coated with mucous that this doesn't sound like a healthy environment for your cornea. Probably wouldn't want to continue wearing the bandage lens at night unless absolutely necessary.

C

Comment

Working...
    X