Inside Eyelid irritation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside Eyelid irritation?

I was wondering, does anyone get irritation inside the eyelid? I don't mean on the eyelid margin, but the inside of the eyelid, where your eyeball is being covered, the upper and lower parts of your eye socket. A lot of times it feels gritty in there, as if I have a bunch of stuff I need to wash out. And when I close my eyes, they burn for about 10 seconds. What could this mean?

I have that too, but my eye doctor swears it is the eye and not the eyelid with the problem. He says it just feels that way.

Comment

odynas,
      I have that exact same feeling. It feels as if I possible have stuff thats built up under my eyelids... do you find your pain is worse when you relax your eyes and try to look up?

Comment

Yes, when my eyes are bad, I got blood vessels down from there.

Comment

I have that, with what feels like sore spots or scratches on my cornea sometimes.

Comment

Yes

Yes I get that. First time I had this "dry eye" I was certain it was a problem with the inside eyelid.
            Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Me too, I get this and sometimes it turns into a bit of a bump, which looks red and eventually goes away. Makes contact lenses almost impossible.
              just keep swimming...

Comment

any1 else have sore eyelashes? like if you take something like a pencil and push ur eyelash down, I get a a great pain. I also seem to have tiny little clear bumps inbetween my eyelash roots. Not not on the lid margin. I dont know if there is a correlation between all of this or not.. also, i have noticed under my eyelids there is a lot of redness, especially near the eyelid margin..

Comment

Yeah, I have TONS of red blood vessels all over my eyelids, which my optometrist finally noticed after like 5 visits. And she actually asked me if I know why it's like that. Come on!!

Futbolplayer, moving my eyes around do not make it worse. But a hot shower definitely helps

Comment

ye, i too have noticed they feel a lot better in a hot shower. I am begining to think that possible i initially had blepharitis, which is probably now gone (no crusting, flaking,tearing,itching,redness..etc), but maybe all the scrubbing has irritated my eyelash follices? I have no idea what is wrong. Right now Im just continuing to treat it like blepharitis and I do tea tree oil scrubs incase its demodex (i seem to have some white and bent eyelashes, and I loose them frequently).

Comment

Working...
                    X