Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cymbalta

Hi

Anyone try Cymbalta? I here that it not only treats depression but neuropathic pain. Considering adding it to my dry eye arsenol. Thx!
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

A good friend of mine has been having terrible pain in her leg which is stemming from some problem in her back. It's been going on for a year and nothing is helping.
    The doctor put her on Cymbalta a week ago. For the first two days, she said she was pain-free, which is amazing for her. Unfortunately, for the rest of the time, the pain came back. But the doctor may raise the dosage...I think she said she was on 30 mg.
    Anyway, so yes, there is something to be said for Cymbalta for nerve pain. I have no idea about other kinds of pain and, of course, in her case at least, it didn't continue to help, unfortunately.
    I know this wasn't an eye-related response but I hope this helps somehow.

Comment

I know someone, a Type I diabetic, who takes this for diabetic neuropathy.
      Seems docs are just beginning to know what neuropathy is--and some means to treat it. We Sjoggies have lots of that. I'm trying Lyrica, but not into serious dosage yet. Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Cymbalta

Thanks guys. I am due for an antidepressant change in a month or so. At that time we will do the switch to cymbalta. If it helps with my eyes it would be great but not holding my breath. I do have neuropathic issues with my sjogrens so maybe it will help with other areas of my body. Thx again!
        If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

Hi. I was on Cymbalta for 6 months for my inner ankle nerve pain. I am not the best to respond about meds cause for my leg at one time even vicodin didn't help. I have tried for nerve pain neurontin,lyrica,elavail,tramadol and cymbalta. The usual pain dose I think is 60mg but you work up to that. The only issue I had was the first 2 weeks wanting to throw up but then it passed. I know some with a combo of other meds this has worked for them. Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X