Cataracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cataracts

I was just curious how many DES sufferers here also have cataracts. Is there any connection? Do people with DES get cataracts at an earlier age or at greater frequency than the general population? I know cataracts are common in older people, but I have one at the ripe old age of 47. My girlfriend also had onset of cataracts at age 47. She has DES with blepharitis.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

I have had one cataract taken out and still have one in place. I don't know if dry eye and/or lasik had any effect on my cataracts. I can say that cataract surgery after Lasik surgery can result in some bad outcomes. I'm afraid to have my right eye cataract taken care of because of the outcome with the left. Mine were diagnosed within a few years of your given age.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

First one

I don't know if dry eye hurried it up, but I'm 63 and counting. I have my first cataract blooming now. The doc said to take vitamins that kill free radicals.
      Can't remember what they are called right now. (Maybe they will help this old age brain too )

Billye

Comment

I am 54. I was told about 8 years ago that I have slow growing cataracts. I was just diagnosed recently with all the dry eye stuff--- bleph., MGD, Nocturnal lagophthalmos, Keratitis, neovascularization, and Ocular Rosacea. I was told the cataracts have to be removed in the not too distant future. I, too am concerned. I think I have mild facial rosacea also.

Life sure can change in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
        X