Confused about dry eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about dry eye

So 8 weeks post Lasik( one eye only) I have dry eye...I think.

I am using all the drops from this site, plugs top and bottom, night time googles and an eye patch throughout the day. I was doing wellish for 10 days but this week has been tough.

I have ALL the usual symptoms...though they feel much worse then they sound, I think we all can relate to this.

But you see the thing is my eye looks fine, with no redness (I understand this can be the case). But when my surgeon did a test for dry eye using yellow dye, he didn't see any dry spots, and as far as he can see everyting looks fine. He says he is confused by this, and we may start needing to think "outside the box"....Is dry eye something a surgeon can see? I'm confused...

One the days where my whole eye ball isn't burning, and I have localised pain is it always on the bootom part of my eyball, just where the botom lid covers the eye ball. I never have localised pain in the top part of my eye ball.

Eleven years ago I had a detached retina in that eye, and the scarring is alond the bottom part of the eye ball, though I NEVER had any pain after a week or two after that surgery.

My surgeon is wondering if the Lasik has aggrivated the scar tissue in some way.

While I don't expect an answer from you guys on the detached retina scarring tissue I am wondering about my surgeon not being able to see the dry eye (though I did have conreal erosions the first three weeks and then wore a bandage contact lens for two).

Also is their a time when you can feel the pain in a particular area of the eye ball...I'm thinking "feeling of foreign object in the eye" that is always on one part of yo0ur eye ball and not the other.

Any thoughts would be great, that way I would know if my symptoms are similar to those on DEZ...or if my surgeon says...we may need to start thinking outside the box

Dry eye

I have severe dry eye with no staining. Symptoms over sign case. It can happen and sounds like u might be a case of it as well. Hope they can get you a regimen that works well for u.
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

eye pain and retinal detachment

Hi bernmee,

When you had detachment fixed, did they give you a scleral buckle or do laser or cryo surgery? I had a buckle for mine and ever since that eye has been more sensitive to pain. That eye is also more troublesome with my dry eye. It is curious that it doesn't seem to produce as much oil as my left eye, but I don't think that has anything to do with the detachment.

I am surprised that had Lasik surgery. I was told I was not a candidate and one of the reasons was the detachment and lattice degeneration.

I hope you find some relief.
      Best wishes,
      dryeyes2

Comment

I had the buckle..the first time didn't work so a month later I went in for a second. it worked great and I had no pain after the first week or two and no dry eye...th0ough my remaining vision was very bad.

I had a Detached Retina surgeon look at it before the Lasik (one within the same practice) and he said all looked ok.

If I had known then what I know now....

Comment

Working...
        X