A question about dry eye symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about dry eye symptoms

Hello, I am only 19 years old and just a few months ago, I was diagnosed with dry eye, but only in my right eye. It's ruined my life, like it has for many in a huge psychological sense. However, before being diagnosed with dry eye, my right eye had many other problems so I would like to ask about your specific symptoms.

It's obvious to me that my right eye doesn't produce as much tears as my left because when I yawn my left has more tears - I have gotten 1 plug on my right eye as well. The pain I have with my eye is, however not on my eyeball at all but the lacrimal sac portion and the inner eye lid. When I gently touch these areas it feels very hypersensitive and I start tearing right away. It simply doesn't feel normal. However, appearance-wise it feels completely fine. Do you have this problem with your eyes?

This is really what is killing my eyes, because every time I blink that portion hurts. Is this simply dry eye or is something else the problem?

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I myself am really new to this dry eye thing and on this site for less then four weeks. The people on this site are amazing with their tips and advice, so be prepared for lots.

I don't know your medical situation and mine is very different then yours as mine is as a result of Lasik. But my pain seems to be concentrated along the eyeball at the bottom inner eyelid and at the where the bottom eye lid meets the nose.

As I said my situation is very different then yours so I don't know what the other DES would answer.

But you are in the right place for support here...

Keep well,

Bernadette

Comment

Those are the areas that are worst in my left eye, which is my worst eye. Not sure why. Hang in there, this site will help a lot. Many people get gradual relief--2 steps forward and one back at times, but I cannot believe how much better I am in 6 months than I was before. I have an upper and a lower plug in my worst eye. You might want to consider that.

You will adjust, you will learn to work around it, and if you are like most people you will learn to manage it and for many it does get better.

Comment

Continue to explore this site.

Buy or order the book by Dr. L, that is in the dry eye store.

look at your diet, your environment and switch up your drops.

But most of import, keep asking questions on this site as you do more research.

that is why this site is here.

Good luck,

Bernadette

Comment

Working...
        X