Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual Disturbances

Hello out there,
    I have just recently been diagnosed with dyr eye. I go back tomorrow to the doctor. I still do not have diagnosis of which kind of dry eye. Maybe they will tell me tomorrow. This all started after a viral illness on 4-14-08.
    Anyway, I am having some very disturbing visual problems. Wondering if anyone else out there has any of these symptoms. I need some reassurance and advice if possible.
    Symptoms: my vision seems "jummpy or flickery" yet my eyes do not appear to physicaly be moving. The doctors say my eyes are tracking fine and all other tests inside the eye look normal. Thyroid tests all come back normal too.
    The jittery eyes is driving me crazy. It is constant, no breaks from it. It seems to be worse in the morning and night however, today it is pretty bad all day. It makes me feel lightheaded or almost in a "fog." I have trouble driving because I feel so strange.
    Anyone else out there with wierd visual problems dry-eye related or not?
    Thank you,
    MLT

What kind of doctor?

You don't mention the type of eye doctor you saw. Are you seeing an optometrist or an opthalmic doctor?

My eyes are similar to what you describe. But it's not actually my eyes. I have Sjogren's and the nervous system has been affected. I have neuropathy really bad. I also have a tremor. It's not my eyes that shake or jump, it's the entire head. Has this been checked?

Billye

Comment

Visual disturbances

Hi,
      Thank you for your reply. I have seen 5 Opthomologists. Tested ANA positive but negative on all Lupis and Sjogrens blood tests.
      They are going to do an MRI next.
      How are you doing with living with Sjogrens? How about the dry eye? This is all so new to me. Very scary. I am having a heck of a time with this. They just put punctal plugs in my lower tear ducts today.
      I am not a happy person right now. I am glad to have this website. I could use any suggestions and all the support I can get right now.
      Thank you for your help.

Comment

Living with Sjogren's

I just live with it. Some days are worse than others. Some days I can function just fine and some are really tricky. I'm having balance issues right now. But you just find a way to cope. After all, the alternative isn't very pretty.

Hope the plugs work for you.

Billye

Comment

Sjogrens

I am also ANA positive but SJogren antibodies negative. Unfortunately doesn't really mean anything. Do you have dry mouth as well? We all find a way to manage and like Silverlady said some days are easier than others. There is also a very supportive website www.sjsworld.org out there that helps. I find that communicating with others helps the bad days alot. Wishing you the best.
          If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

Working...
          X