cure worse than the disease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cure worse than the disease

My MD prescribed me cyclosporin at a much higher dose than the dose in restasis. Restasis doesn't burn but the new medication sure does. It makes my eyes feel raw and hurts like hell. I feel the need to reflex tear but I can't which causes the rawness feeling. I am suppossed to use this medication twice a day for the next 6 weeks. Not sure if I will be able to do it given the intense pain I have after instillation. So my dry eye saga continues but on a positive note my scleral appt is next week, yay!
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Sorry to hear that you're having to put extra-strong cyclosporin drops in your eyes--sounds painful. Personally, I would question why your doctor is having you do this now---for 6 weeks---during the time when you are to be fitted with the scleral lenses. I would think it would be better to wait until after. If your eyes are already raw from the medication, it would seem like you would have a hard time with the lens trial----with differentiating between lens-fit sensations and cyclosporin rawness.

Just my opinion, but you might want to call your eye doctor and ask if it's OK to wait. Cyclosporin medication has more of a gradual effect that could be tried now or later. It's not like you have a bacterial infection or injury that needs immediate medication.

Personally, I would want to go into scleral lens trials with my eyes as stable as possible---fewer variables.

Calli

Comment

Working...
    X