Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer glasses & Computer eye exam-anyone familiar with the Prio eye exam ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer glasses & Computer eye exam-anyone familiar with the Prio eye exam ?

hi, like many of you I'm suffering from using computer displays, which make extremely hard to work with. Since computer serve us in work, fun, commuincation, educatoin, and DEZ and other DES related sites, finding a solution for this problem is on the top of my list.

I now doing a computer prescription glasses and also a PantOpx pair dedicated for the computer use.

I've already had an eye exam for a computer- the optometrist exam my eyes with different power when he had me in front of a computer display.

Recentely, I found an optometrist who use www.prio.com equipment which he claims provide a more accurate result for computer prescriptoin.

I was wondering, if any of you had an experience with prio eye exam and whehter this is worth the effort and cost. I'm curious to learn if this is a gimmick or whether this provide a different and much more accurate result.

Finally, those of you who use wraparound glasses say PantOpx (7eye)for a computer- I was wondering how the dark lense affect your work on the computer, and if you feel a clear lense or any specific lense color would be more appropriate for a computer use only

I may be wrong, but the Prio approach seems to be a "technophile" solution to a problem easily solved by most optometrists and opticians. The claim they make that their device "duplicates the pixels of a computer screen" may be true, but the resulting glasses prescription, and the technology used to make the glasses, is nothing new. It's a "plus" lens that helps relieve strain on the eyes' focusing mechanism. The power of the lenses will vary with each individual's needs.

The Computer Vision Syndrome is a "new" visual strain resulting from constant computer use, a relatively recent workplace problem.

If you tell your optometrist or optician that you want glasses for computer use, they know what adjustments to your prescription they need to make. I don't think it's necessary to use special equipment, but they can charge more for that if their patients think they're getting something special.

Also, giving a name to the "syndrome" may help break down the resistance a lot of people have, to wearing glasses when they normally would not need them. And if using the Prio machine gets them the relief they need, with a positive attitude, then it's probably a good thing.

Calli

Comment

Working...
    X