A new look at an old idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new look at an old idea

I have the link from Dry.org, which is a Sjogren's Syndrome information website. This link was several years old, but I thought it was interesting just the same because many of the newer dry eye folks may not have heard of this. Notice the disclaimer. This idea is no more silly than some of the other stuff we have tried. It certainly is cheap and might cost a buck or two. What I was wondering......would the petrolatum soften the area of the lashline and make it easier to wipe clean and keep clean as we do so many drops and residue hardens?

http://www.dry.org/petrolatum.html
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

thats an interesting link Lucy!... i thought wow when i read it. will definetely give it a go soon i think... but before that i might look for some more documents about it on the internet or find people who have tried it!

Comment

I do notice that if I forgot to put my moisturizer on my eyes notice.
      GOGO

Comment

Gogo - do you apply your moisturizer on your eye lids?

Comment

Petroleum jelly

Hi Guys,

I have tried this technique I found that info a year or so ago. I found that it did make a slight difference but I found it hard to get pure petroleum jelly, we use vaseline here in Aust. The shiney effect wasn't good, but if you just stick to night time use. After reading it again I am going to try it again and hey its got to be good for wrinkle prevention!!! Let me know if it works for you guys, I'll give it a whirl starting tonight, my husband is used to all the weird concoctions and goggles, shiney eyes shouldn't scare him off

Comment

Just wondering if anyone has tried this recently, and if so, what results you have experienced.

For a new days now, I've been applying Vaseline (100% petroleum jelly) to my eyelids, as described by others in earlier posts, doing so three or four times a day (including at bedtime). It seems to offer some help with dry eye. My left eye is my problematic one—to the point that I sometimes think my new RGP lens is not fitting properly. (It seems to be all right in the morning; for that and other reasons, I have more or less eliminated it as a culprit.) I've noticed, though, that since trying this, my contact feels better for a longer part of the day. In addition, in the evening I experience less of the haziness that indicates dry eyes. (You RGP wearers know what I'm talking about.)

In any event, I'm very curious about how this has worked for others. Thanks.

Randal

Comment

I tried it

I tried this at first. I also found it on the Sjogrens forum. But then I started wondering....if you use the petroleum jelly and some of the product migrates down into the eye...will the Restasis be able to penetrate the oily film to be absorbed? So I stopped doing this.

Billye

Comment

A & D Ointment?

Just had a thought: Has anyone tried this same technique with A & D Ointment? I see that its contents are 87% white petrolatum, followed by light mineral oil, vitamin A palmitate, and vitamin D3 in vegetable oil. I know that one of the DEZ drops (Dakrina?) contains vitamin A, so I'm wondering if this would have any benefits, perhaps beyond plain petrolatum (Vaseline).

Any ideas? Thanks.

Randal

Comment

Working...
                X