Eye Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Cream

Could anyone recommend a very GENTLE eye cream for the skin around my eyes - since doing the warm compresses, lid massaging, lid cleaning the skin around my eyes is really suffering.

I use Neova Eye Therapy which I purchase on-line from wherever the best deal of the day is. It is regularly around $46.00 I believe. I keep a couple small tubes and apply it several times a day around my left eye which is where most of my overflow is. It is very gentle and does not seem to irritate my eyeball I'm sure there are others less expensive, so I'm hoping to hear other input.

Comment

Ya that is a bit expensive..

Comment

Tea tree

Eye cream and eye cream until eyem sick!!!

But seriously, tea tree cream is cheap and soothing and also kills demodex around the eyes.
        Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Does tea tree oil irritate the eyes at all?
          sigpic

Comment

My lids were also suffering terribly since starting the whole scrub thing.
            Come to find out I was allergic to the preservative in baby shampoo.
            Apparently a preservative commonly found in many skin care items is a common allergen.
            My dermatologist recommended Vaseline . Not the fancy scented ones,
            just the plain petroleum jelly in the jar.

Comment

Eye care

Have you tried smearing a small amount of castor oil around your eyes? Some people find Vitamin E cream to be helpful although I haven't tried it myself. At the moment, I am using a product for sensitive skin called Avene -in the UK it costs around £8 for a small tube.

Could you pick up a few product samples from a department store? This can be a costly business but I don't think you always need to use the most expensive stuff.

Comment

Clinique

I have very sensitive eyes and can not tolerate most creams. I have been able to tolerate Clinique eye cream. It does not have any perfumes. I can't remember the price, but the jar has lasted a long time.

Comment

That's funny that you mention it -- I have new jar of that Clinique stuff --and think that it might be irritating to me -- I did not use it today and feel okay. But it does seem nice and jar is huge! Cost about $46 if I recall.

Comment

I have good luck with Olay products, and even the "Equate" (Wal-Mart) copies. They are much less expensive than the name-brand department store stuff, and various studies have shown them to be just as effective.

Comment

I have good luck with Clinique and Estee Lauder creams.
                      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thanks for the replies - i think i will try The Body Shop or Health Food Store for something natural.

Comment

Working...
                        X