environmental cause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• environmental cause?

I have severe dry eye, had LASEK on 7/10. I am not healing and according to my Dr. I have "dry spots on my cornea" , I am very worried. I have 4 punctal plugs now and am on Restasis. This past week I went on a trip from N. FL to central florida and it was like an eye holiday, almost immediately my eyes felt better. Now I have been back for two days and its back to severe irritation dry eye again. Rebecca, anyone does this sound famililar? What can I do, I live near woods so I cant help that, incidentally my contact intolerance started when I moved here. An air purifier, perhaps? any advice??

Originally posted by Jen72 View Post
    I have severe dry eye, had LASEK on 7/10. I am not healing and according to my Dr. I have "dry spots on my cornea" , I am very worried. I have 4 punctal plugs now and am on Restasis. This past week I went on a trip from N. FL to central florida and it was like an eye holiday, almost immediately my eyes felt better. Now I have been back for two days and its back to severe irritation dry eye again. Rebecca, anyone does this sound famililar? What can I do, I live near woods so I cant help that, incidentally my contact intolerance started when I moved here. An air purifier, perhaps? any advice??
    Hi Jen and sorry to hear about your situation!

Did you start to feel better, same or worse when you got the 4 plugs? I'm almost wondering if 2 might have been better. Do you have any redness and/or itching (I know those can get out-shouted by dry eye pain/irritation but if there are any allergy issues going on they probably need to be treated separately). I am not very knowledgeable about ocular allergies but you may want to search the boards on this as there are a lot of threads about it to get some suggestions on products. I honestly don't know about the air purifier. (thoughts, anyone else?)

Also what meds are you on for the LASEK healing period?

Some moisture chambers may be helpful. Panoptx always made a huge difference to me when I was living in Tampa. If your eyes are just as bad inside maybe something like onion goggles. Given the dry spots I'm sure tempted to recommend Dwelle if your doctor will agree.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks. I have not noticed a real change going from 2 plugs to four, do you think 2 are better? I am not treating my allergies now because claritin etc would dry my eyes more. My Dr. is cutting back my pred forte, in fact I will be off of it in three days. Apparently the steroid is drying too. I am using Refresh endura and plus, and gel at night. I will look in to the glasses etc. too. I am curious because my eyes feel their worst in my own house!

Comment

Working...
      X