Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-inflammatory aggravating symptoms??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-inflammatory aggravating symptoms??

My GP has prescribed 2 pain meds to help me cope with not so much dry eye symptoms as neck problems (arthritic degeneration in vertebrae)...co-codamol (paracetamol with codeine) and diclofenac - an anti-inflmmatory - (brand name Voltarol).

I was instructed to take these alternately as required, but have wondered for some time whether the diclofenac was actually making the dry eye irritation worse. I've stopped using it for a couple of days altogether, and my eyes seem less dry.

Just wondered whether anyone else had experienced any similar adverse effects from the NSAID family of drugs???

thanks in advance for all or any replies.

Eva

Hi Eva-
    Good to here from you again - I am constantly on NSAIDS for cervical spondylosis and also osteoarthritis of my lumber spine ( all the heavy lifting i did during a lifetimes nursing)
    I also take assorted pain killers as and when --- cant say i have noticed any difference with the DE
    I was on this regime long before i had DE and am still on it
    I am also on a low dose of tricyclic antidepressant at night - that may affect me a bit since i sleep so heavily now i wake with the eyelids stuck to the eyeballs - Im working on that - I may try the cling film

Comment

Working...
    X