No announcement yet.

What are dry spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes right now I have all those burning, foreign body sensation. Whereas the last couple of weeks I have only had a particular type of pain that was concentrated on the eyeball at the bottom eyelid margin, that pain I thought was more MGD pain, and that was more controlable, this one seems to be more out of control, switching from burning, to foreign body, to rawness all within an hour.

Stella, I'm interested to know what your TBUT is. I was tested yesterday and it was 7, which I thought wasn't bad. My schirmers is 30mm which I know is fantastic. I just don't understand why the pain is so intense when my figures are good in comparision to others...also what makes this week so different then others that has caused the pain to pcik up.

Anyway, just suffering a minor setback, this DES is so up and down.

Bernadette

Comment

Hi Bernadette
      I have no idea what my TBUT is - under our NHS in GB it is not very popular with the Docs to question them about their tests (I know it is ridiculous in this day and age, but it is part of this old fashioned mistique and "trust" that used to exist between Dr and patient)They just tell you your eyes are very dry , or not too bad etc
      I did sneak a look at my schirmirs which was 0 ,eight months ago - and they told me my eyes were very dry - which i knew anyway
      I can get much more info from my optometrist (who i pay )
      Anyway if you read Dr Latkany's book -- these tests are notoriously fickle .You can get yourself into a depression if they are low and in my case they certaily did not reflect how my eyes felt - pretty good at the time despite the zero schirmers.I had just started my chloramphenicol(antibiotic)eye ointment at night on the lid margins which was a HUGE step in improvement for me

Comment

Yes I read the book and understand many Dr.'s don't perform the tests as they are not reliable. My Lasik surgeon didn't perform them and still has not, though I have been lucky enough to find a wonderful Dr. who I trust 100%, I consider this most of the battle.

I am at the moment starting azacite as Doxy made no difference. I must ask about that cream, I know Acoral was using something like that.

Have a good weekend, and keep those eyes babied!

Bernadette

Comment

Working...
        X