Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Bazan...Time or treatment

Hi Dr. Bazan.
    I had Lasek on 7/10 and now have DES. I am on plugs, restasis and Freshkote. My eyes seem to become more dry every day. I have been searching for other causes to my problem because as my Dr. mentioned I am not responding to tx and I am an unusual case.
    I wonder if its just a matter of time or should I explore other avenues ie. allergist, MGD, candida etc.?
    I wore contacts for about 15 years until they became unbearable, during that time I was constantly putting re-wetting drops in and now I recognize what the occasional soreness was, it was dry eye. Could the contact use have damaged my eyes in some way? Just trying to find some frame of understanding in all this. Thank You so much in advance.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Exploring other avenues is almost always insightful. One might also focus on optimizing environmental and dietary conditions. Have you discussed anything other than therapeutic care with your docs?

CLs could have possible damaged your ocular structures. It is a foreign object that disrupts normal ocular surface function. Your doctor would be the only person to answer it specifically with regards to you.

Comment

Working...
    X