Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoooraaaaaay!!!!!!!!! (& question re rosacea)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoooraaaaaay!!!!!!!!! (& question re rosacea)

Finally, I've found a place where people know how I feel! I have had blepharitis with MGD for 3 years now, with some sucess on tetracyclines with lid massage. I have a question for everybody, how many of you with MGD also have rosacea? I have recently been told by a rosacea sufferer that chronic MGD sufferers will eventually develop rosacea. not sure I belive this, so I thought I would ask.

Maria

ooops

i think I posted under the wrong subject,

sorry
    Last edited by maria; 04-Nov-2005, 16:13.

Comment

Hi Maria,
      Welcome to Dry Eye Talk!! Hope you don't mind, I moved this thread from another forum so more people would see it. I think that there are a lot of people here with rosacea.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Welcome Maria

Hi Maria, Im Delilah and I have suffered from MGD for 3 years now too but I do not suffer from Rosacea. Welcome to the site and I know how you felt when you found this site you were amazed that so many others suffer from the same thing you do, I felt like I was the only one as I never knew of anyone else that had the same problems as I did with my eyes. I got MGD out of the blue, its a big mystery and I am still fighting with all my heart to find a cure and find some relief, when I found this site the people helped me so much and now its like a big Internet Family I know that there is a cure for Rosacea so I don't know why MGD would be linked to it? But you never know what might come your way huh Anything can happen on a drop of a dime, I never would of thought how much this MGD has F%$#@! up my life, I never had any eye trouble, but I do now and with the help of the Dry Eye Gang I have came along way from where I was before. I had a friend that had Rosacea and she had it for a long time then she said she went to the doctor and got meds and creams and it went away. She's perfectly fine now Anyway your not alone, keep in touch. Ciao D

Comment

Hi

Hi Delilah(what a cool name )
          I am sorry to hear about other peoples eye problems because I know how they feel, but its great that we can all help each other! I have been on antibiotics for a year now, and it has helped, but not got rid of the symptoms. One thing I learned though, you really have to give the antibiotics a long time to work. It took ages for me before I saw a difference. As for rosacea, it is actually incurable, but symptoms can be treated and managed. I don't have any redness in my face, but I do have the bleparitis that some people get. I was on a high dose of tetracycline for a good while when I fist started my treatment, no it has been reduced because symptoms are a bit better. Quite a few people I've talked to have rosacea and MGD, I was wondering how many people just have the MGD, and I guess you are one of them, I hope you find relief soon and if anything works for me I'll let you know.

Maria

Comment

Hey There,

Sorry to hear that you are suffering from MGD. Yes, blepharitis/MGD/ocular rosacea is often caused by rosacea. My derm told me that 50 percent of blepharitis sufferers have rosacea too. Unfortunately there is no cure for rosacea but it can be controlled and managed.

I started have symptoms of blepharitis about three years ago. No facial problems though. After awhile I did notice more blushing and dry skin so I started using Noritate (which is for Rosacea) and besides the dry skin, I have no redness unless my nose gets cold or I cry. That is pretty common though. I still have the eye problems but it is controlled by doxycycline. My eyes are actually a lot better than they used to be.

As far as you developing Rosacea or not...no way to tell. You may or may not progress to the facial problems. Some people have hardly any facial rosacea and have extreme eye problems and vice-versa. Some have very bad skin Rosacea and no eye symptoms at all. My skin looks great but I do use Noritate once a day. Docs all believe that Rosacea is the underlining cause for me even though you can't really see it.

I wouldn't worry about it but just keep an eye on it. If you see some increased blushing or pores widening, you might want to see your derm and get some creams. Getting any facial Rosacea under control may help your blepharitis too. At least that is what I read on some info sent to me.

Hope that helps. I sure hope this stuff eventually just burns itself out. Wouldn't that be great!!

Comment

Hi

Hi,
              and thanks for the information. I dont have any skin symptoms either, I guess my pores are a little wider than when I was younger, but my husbands are too. I wonder why your docs are putting yours down to rosacea when your skin is pretty good? I went to see a copule of derms who both said that I dont have rosacea, and I have had some really nasty eye problems, very painful Mine is controlled by tetracyclines at the momment too, but I am not symptom free yet.

Maria.

Comment

Delilah---NAC

Delilah,
                are you still taking the NAC? how is it going? do your eyes feel better?

Maria.

Comment

Working...
                X