Boston Protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Protocol

I've recently inquired about a new drug being used up in the BFS for dry eye with sclerals. The problem is that I have sclerals already (not relieving pain). In order to be considered I would have to be re-evaualted for BFS sclerals (around 8000 dollars) and then possibly be considered for the new drug therapy. I was wondering if anyone has tried the new drug therapy and had any insights on it. I am pretty broke with all my medical expenses and I would like to know how effective this new therapy is before plucking down a lot of money. You can PM me your thoughts. Thank you.
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Are you talking about http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...=il-1ra&rank=1 ?

That drug is probably pretty potent, it's a biologic and would treat the disease process instead of the inflammation- I think.
    Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

BSC sclera lens

so did you get your sclera lens from Dr Rosenthal at the Boston Clinic? I am looking into getting them myself and am new to this site and trying to find out results of people who have them

what is the new treatment you are referring to that is at the original cost of the sclera lens of $8000 . did you get them and now they will recharge you for new ones even though they are not relieving your pain?

I wish you much luck in finding relief and gaining your vision back, I have been trying to find some relief myself for the last 12 years and was thinking this sclera lens may be my answer

good luck to you and all the best for 2009

Comment

Originally posted by MGD:( View Post
        Are you talking about http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...=il-1ra&rank=1 ?

That drug is probably pretty potent, it's a biologic and would treat the disease process instead of the inflammation- I think.
        This isnt Boston foundation for sight? its Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary

Never heard of this drug.. Im not sure i have prosterior bleth.. i dont know if its the same thing as MGD which i have but caused by inflammation not secretion quality.

Do you mean it will treat the thing thats causing the inflammation? Like bacteria in blepheritis?
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

# Posterior blepharitis affects the posterior margin (back) of the eyelids, the part that makes contact with the eyes. This is caused by the oil glands present in this region. It is by far the most common type of blepharitis.[citation needed]

Comment

Working...
          X