Products/Treatment in Australia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Products/Treatment in Australia?

I'm in Australia and have had dry eyes for about a year now - officially diagnosed at the start of this year. However, I have only been to an optometerist and he suggested artificial tears (Systane) which work well for the pain but the problem I want fixed is the redness.

As soon as I wake up, my eyes are red. They are at their worst in air conditioned places (places which I cannot avoid in daily life) and in the wind. They also get bad when on the computer for a long time (I try to blink as often as I can but it doesn't help). I also have been using another brand of eye drops which I shouldn't use, but do because they help the redness.

I plan on seeing an Opthamologist early next year to find the exact problem. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any other things apart from eye drops (I'm so sick of using them) that I can use in the mean time without a prescription or something.

Thanks.

try

try getting some good sunglasses

wiley-x or pantopx/7eye

wiley-x you can get from harley davidson shops

they wrap around and have 'gaskets' that keep the air out and keep your eyes less dry

panoptx are hard to find in australia but we like them more (we got our imported from the states - i'm in adelaide)

Comment

I will try to help

In the past I have used systane vials,genteal drops,cellufresh,and celluvisc which is a bit thicker for the night.These are all preservative free.I also kept getting red eyes even after using these drops and . doing everything they tell you to do. So being completely fed up with the whole thing- warm compresses,fish oil humidifier etc,I decided to just put dry eye drops through the day(the above ones)probably 3 times a day,and COLD COMPRESSES at night.My eyes are now clear after suffering this dry eye stuff for the past 6 mths.I get a small esky and put ice packs on bottom,put a dish of cold water sitting on the ice packs and put a couple of cubes of ice in the water and close the lid.I take this to the bedroom and when I am ready to sleep I put some dry eye drops in eye,dip 2 gauzes into the ice water,squeeze and rest them on my eyes and fall asleep.When I wake through the night and they have come off,I just resoak in the cold water and put them on again.I don't do anything else through the day.Idon't wake up with red eyes or stuck eyes at night and they feel less irritated during the day.Hope this helps you.It may not help others but it's worth a try if your've done everything else. Cheers Nancy from Sydney

Comment

Working...
      X