Hope I get more than eyedrops...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope I get more than eyedrops...

I'm going to see an Opthamologist next week in Australia and I'm really hoping he suggests something other than eye drops - or at least eye drops that might actually work!

What kind of things do you think he might suggest? I want to find out exactly what kind of dry eye I have but I don't want it to be a waste of my money either.

Hi,

It is important to find out what type of dry eye you have, that way you will be able to work out what routine you need for your eyes.

With DE you often need to try many different things for an extended period of time to see what works for you.

Let us know how you get on,

Bernadette

Comment

Originally posted by SomeGuy View Post
      I want to find out exactly what kind of dry eye I have
      Yup this is key. Suggest you go as prepared as possible to the appointment so that you can get as much as possible from it. Here is an article I would suggest reading before you guy, maybe even take a copy with you.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Well I just came back from my first appointment from the Opthamologist. Found out that I produce sufficient tears and that I may be just allergic to the eye drops I have been using (Systane and Viscotears) and that they have caused the redness.

She prescribed some Cortisone eye drops for me for the redness and has told me not to use any of my normal eye drops and see what happens.

Going back next week to see if things improve.

Comment

I hope you see an improvement!!

Did she perform any tests to measure your tear production?

If it is just an allergy and things clear uo then great. If not then the problem could be that you are not proding tears of a good enough quality, snd therefore your tears evaporate too quickly. Of course I am not telling you what you have but you will get so much more from your apt when you blind them with your knowledge

Let us know how you get on.

Bernadette

Comment

Wow. What an improvement. I can't believe it, my eyes have really cleared up dramatically already and I hope they just keep getting better. I've only had to use them twice today and my eyes have been almost all clear.

She did perform a test. It was a weird feeling having my eyes numbed and having to have these things put in the sides with my eye closed for 5 minutes. But she took them out and measured them and said they were sufficient. 30mm if I recall correctly.

I have no idea what to think of the 'dry eye' diagnosis I received from my Optometerist now because I haven't even suffered from stinging or pain today either. Hopefully it was just an allergy and they'll all be better soon and I won't even have to use the cortisone drops.

I go back next week, but I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your help and interest!

Comment

Sorry for a double post but I think I may have spoken too soon... the drops do help the redness a lot and I actually notice my eyes have more tears in them however... there is still redness, especially on the sides of my eyes (near my nose etc.) and I they still sting a little bit in air conditioning etc.

Luckily I go back next week and maybe I'll find out something else.

Comment

Working...
              X