Need help remembering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help remembering...

What's the other Dr. Holly drop that isn't sold here...the oily one good for MGD? Can't remember the name! Is this still purchase at Leiter's or are pharmacies now ordering it? I tried it years ago and feel the need for another go-around. Anyone here have its praises to sing?

D
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

FreshKote?

FreshKote, Diana? That's the prescription product with Amisol, the patented lipid. . .Some describe it as Dwelle plus lipid. . .

Many formularies carry this, but when I've had it prescribed for me, my pharmacies have usually had to special-order it. . .

Anyway, if you give it another go, I'll be crossing fingers for you. . .It's a marvelously conceived product, and I recall some members here preferring it. . .I have come to prefer Dwelle over FreshKote, but this is a very, very individual matter, for sure. . .
    Last edited by Rojzen; 14-Jan-2009, 17:43. Reason: omission
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Thanks...it is Freshkote. If I am correct about my lipids being low in my eyes (which is actually a self-diagnosis) then Freshkote should be the perfect formula for me. Time to try again. Where do the pharmacies order it from...do I need to tell them or is the name enough?

D

Comment

D

The UK version of the product (Freshkote) is called Clinitas Ultra 3 and no prescription is required, we can purchase OTC.

Ian

Comment

It says here a prescription is needed. No telling how old this is though.
          http://www.freshkote.com/howtoget_Freshkote.asp

Comment

Diana, are you sure your pregnancy isn't exacerbating your dry eye?
            You didn't forget about being several months into this pregnancy did you?
            Give us a due date. Spread it all over the board so we can hound you.

P.S. Although no one asked me, Freshkote was the only drop of Dr. Holly's that I didn't like. This was a long, long time ago though and maybe something to revisit again (for me and/or others).
            Lucy
            Last edited by Lucy; 14-Jan-2009, 19:42. Reason: adding PS
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Pregnancy didn't bother the eyes last time, but this time I'm wondering if it isn't borderline dehydration. My stomach still bothers me and with tons of water sloshing around in it, it feels worse. I drink, but probably barely enough. I wake up at night really dry.

My due date is May 22, but will be induced early if need be because I have gigantic babies...at least the boys are.

I'm also not using serum drops right now. I quit this summer and started Dwelle exclusively. Wondering if I shouldn't get back on them. That means a long trip to Louisville.

Diana

Comment

Originally posted by dianat View Post
                Thanks...it is Freshkote. If I am correct about my lipids being low in my eyes (which is actually a self-diagnosis) then Freshkote should be the perfect formula for me. Time to try again. Where do the pharmacies order it from...do I need to tell them or is the name enough?

D
                The name is enough. It should be available through the major wholesalers meaning any drugstore can get it though probably not many will actually stock it. They ought to be able to get it by the next day.
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

With an Rx or is that no longer needed?

Comment

RX I believe.
                    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I use FreshKote, and you wouldn't really notice that there are lipids in it. It looks just like Dwelle. It works well for me.

Walgreen's can get it for you the next day. I just got a message to my eye doctor and he wrote an Rx for it---you might be able to have your doctor call it in to the pharmacy.

And congratulations!

Calli

Comment

I think I remember getting an Rx last time. Dr. Foulks will do it no problem... I'm a little hesitant to pay what I expect to be a lot for a drop that will feel like Dwelle, however...

Comment

It costs me....

Around $30 for a 15 mL bottle, which lasts me about a month and a half. I can deal with the price OK.

C

Comment

Working...
                          X