Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving something wet on eyes over night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving something wet on eyes over night?

I think my eyes might be drying out at night, they often feel terrible in the morning. I’m not sure if my lid is opening, but the things I’ve done to try and keep the lid closed haven’t help that much.

I considered cutting wetting a sterile pad, and holding it in place over my with an eye patch band aid. But then I thought leaving something wet over night might be a bad idea. However, this seems to be what Tranquil Eyes does. Do the wet foam pads go right up against the eye lid over night? Might there be some bad side effects? Would my home made idea be comparable to what Tranquil Eyes is? Should I not leave a wet pad over night?

Also, I've tried a lot of things to keep my eyes closed over night (tapes, patches, sleeping masks). I am not sure if this is the problem, but it might be. Is there anything specific about tranquil eyes that keeps them shut? I would get them if they did in fact help eyes, as the money would be nothing in comparison to helping the situation. But they do cost money and I think they say they are out right now, so I am wondering how different they are from what I've been trying.

Thanks,

Originally posted by xander1900 View Post
    I think my eyes might be drying out at night, they often feel terrible in the morning. I’m not sure if my lid is opening, but the things I’ve done to try and keep the lid closed haven’t help that much.

I considered cutting wetting a sterile pad, and holding it in place over my with an eye patch band aid. But then I thought leaving something wet over night might be a bad idea. However, this seems to be what Tranquil Eyes does. Do the wet foam pads go right up against the eye lid over night? Might there be some bad side effects? Would my home made idea be comparable to what Tranquil Eyes is?

Thanks,
    I got thinner inserts for my tranquil eyes (just ask Rebecca for them when you order) which prevent the moist pad from touching my eyes.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I use a wet cotton sleeping mask.
      Wet with hot water just before sleep.

Only problem is you may not easy to sleep at first day.

Comment

Tranquil eyes have helped me a great deal... I have used them with the sensitive foam moisture pads and also with heating inserts. I'm no longer using heat, just cold water now.

I try to sleep with them for several hours but sometimes I do wake and remove them without realizing it... I don't like the sensation of sleeping with something covering my eyes. But the benefits are enormous for me so far.

They do put slight pressure on my eyes... I don't feel like it's a complete seal around the eyes, but it works fairly well.

I read that using goggles such as swimming goggles and lubricant drops or ointments is recommended if your eyelids don't close properly or if you want a perfect moisture chamber. I don't think I could ever sleep with swimming goggles or the like.

I am concerned about cleaning the pads however. The kits come with a cleanser but it does have a mild scent and I don't want to have anything with scent near my eyes, so I've just started using warm water to cleanse until I find an unscented gentle cleanser.

I'm amazed and dismayed at the number of eye care products and medications that have scents added to them or ingredients which are naturally fragrant. This is crazy imo, many people such as myself have chemical and other sensitivities and it doesn't make any sense for anyone to put fragrant products near their eyes.

Comment

I think sometimes the nightwear just doesn't make an impact on some people. I've tried it (all options) and used it religiously but I haven't used it for the last couple of months and my eyes are no worse for it at all. But I'm thinking of trying it again.
          just keep swimming...

Comment

I use Tranquileyes dry, but I tried them wet. It just did not work for me, because the water moisture was the wrong kind of moisture for my eyes. However, they hold my eyes closed, which is a bonus. Also, I like to use them wet sometimes when I am off and it is late morning and my eyes feel tired. I kind of use them as a cold compress.

When I first came here, a person said that she slept with a wet washcloth over her eyes to cope with her recurrent corneal erosions, but it sounded cumbersome and like it was not working well. The nice thing about Tranquileyes is that even though people may knock them off, they stay on better than a simple wet washcloth, which could move after any time the head shifts at all.

--Liz

Comment

Working...
            X