Map-dot-fingerprint -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map-dot-fingerprint -

I was finally told I have map-dot-fingerprint, a corneal dystrophy problem.
    I've had what doctors and oculists (the ones who do glasses) "scratches" on my corneas for ? over 50 years. Last few years it's gotten worse. I don't think diabetes (Type 2, under good control) has anything to do with it. Age (77) doesn't help. I suppose it's good to know what's wrong, but no one has any good ideas for help.
    Nan in LA

Hi Nan

Perhaps you can tell us more about your symptoms. Exactly how is it bothering you? Pain, dryness, vision?

I also have map-dot-fingerprint (EBMD). I didn't find this out until after I'd had lasik surgery. A short 5 weeks after lasik, a different eye doctor told me I had map-dots.

I know keeping your eyes moist is very important. People should be able to help you out on the bb. Please tell us what your doctor has suggested so far.

Below is a link to part of this website where you can order free samples of "Dr. Holly's drops." I think there is a small shipping charge. These drops have helped many of us with dry eyes.

http://lumbpinx.notlong.com
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Nan in LA
      I've had what doctors and oculists (the ones who do glasses) "scratches" on my corneas for ? over 50 years.
      Erosions or abrasions maybe? Do you experience a lot of eye pain? Are you under treatment for dryness (e.g. using artificial tears, plugs, drugs, other..)?
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X