My Contibutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Contibutions

Ever since I was diagnosed with my "Just Dry Eye Syndrome", I have spent months running from doctor to doctor trying to find out what is wrong with me. Although, I have several other symptoms, Dry Eye has been the most miserable of all of the symptoms. Many doctors would simply state that my eyes were dry and was told to "just" put more drops in... As many of you know, there can be days whereas I put drops in every 20 minutes or so. Therefore, I realized that some people just don't get it!

My contributions:

Went to University Hospital for Plug Problems on Thanksgiving Day in which the majority of the doctors were low on the totem pole, thus very young doctors. Over the course of an hour, I met with four doctors initially since none were very familiar with dry eye. They were very interested, although hesitant to do anything.... As I was questioned by each, I explained the plugs, etc and was very open to any questions since this would help someone else in the future. When the ophalmologist finally came in, All four came in to watch the doctor take out the plug and go over dry eye syndrome.

Recently, I went to an optometrist who is trying to become more familiar with dry eye and treatments. He and I talked for nearly a half hour of all of the treatments that I have tried and where and from whom did I get them. I also told him to check out dry eye zone. Hope this helps another...

It's nice to know that young doctors are interested in helping dry eye patients. Thanks for helping to spread the word about our problems, JAH1973!

--Liz

Comment

JAH1973, you have several other symptoms?

Do you think all the symptoms are related? You don't get dry eye from LASIK?
      Dry eye may be just one of the appearance of your body's problem.

My chinese doctor says he cured some old man for several health problem and dry eye as a side problem gone after the main problem solved.

That another view on the dry eye. Not only an eye problem.

Comment

I have several other symptoms including facial swelling, body aches, headaches, arm and leg numbness/tingling, chemical sensitivity. After 10+ doctors and several tests, I have learned that there are granulomas on my lungs. On Feb 10th, I go for a lung biopsy which should determine the cause. Currently, the "almost" diagnosis is sarcoidosis. With the granulomas, the doctors think that this is the cause. Dependent on the biopsy, I may or may not be treated for the disease.... However, I was told that the disease "could" be causing the inflammation in my body, thus may be contributing to the dry eye. I have hopes that it is all related, am treated, and may have full recovery. I hate to get too excited since the dry eye could not be related and I have developed two incurable diseases at the same time.
        The other two options if it is not sarcoidosis is a fungal infection or cancer. Needless to say, I am very scared!

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers.
        Thanks,

Julie

Comment

Multiple Symptoms

I too seem to be suffering from multiple symptoms. I am never sure the cause/effect relationship with the dry eye. My problems seem to be related to the skin as well as the eyes. I also subscribe to the inflammation theory, but am not sure exactly how to treat this. I have tried ginger root and turmeric as possible anti-inflammatory treatments. Let's hope this helps so that I can share the results with others.

Comment

I, too, have skin symptoms and am unable to use makeup or any type of products on my face. Due to the timing of all of my symptoms, I would guess that all are related.

I am 35 years old and have acne issues; never had that problem in my younger years. I guess I should be thankful of that. However, I absolutely hate it now!

Comment

Working...
            X